Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Is Giving People A Free Hotspot To Test Drive Its Network

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    It's with deep regret that I inform everyone that my Coolpad mobile hotspot passed away last night after I tried to rename the 5 GHz network.

Reset button is unresponsive. Totally charged but no lights.

I'm going to return it and call it a day.
    Might want to try a hard reset..... wps and power button pressed at same time

Not sure how this is going to help tmobile.... mine worked for a day. Tmobile is trying to trouble shoot it. Sending out a new one now

Feedback Score
    Has anybody used the international passes for LTE data and do they work well?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmrick View Post
    Can I assume this hotspot will get a better signal than a tmobile cell phone?
    This is my question as well. How do speeds on the hotspot translate to a cellphone modem?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    It's with deep regret that I inform everyone that my Coolpad mobile hotspot passed away last night after I tried to rename the 5 GHz network.

Reset button is unresponsive. Totally charged but no lights.

I'm going to return it and call it a day.
    That's what I was doing when mine bricked. I get all lights when I power up, but that's it. They never shut off, it never registers back to the network. I let it sit there for 4 hours. I can't reset it or anything.

But... they did send me 2. So I used that SIM card in the other device - so I guess I have a 60 day trial.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile's coverage is the exact same that it was 15 years ago in Mobile, AL . It's horrible and the fastest speeds I have seen with my test drive is 5megs . No 600mhz in this market or anywhere close to me

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone seen if there is a time limit to activate the Sim card ?

I would like to save it for when I go on vacation which will not be until around Christmas
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Question for any existing T-Mobile customer who has obtained one via methods questionable or unquestionable...

I know T-Mo doesn't seem to have a problem with us using a tablet/data-only plan on a phone (or at least they don't seem to block us from doing it) but how is T-Mo with the reverse? What happens if you put a phone SIM in a T-Mo hotspot?

Asking for a friend...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    For what it’s worth, I use voice sims in iPads constantly (@ about 600kbps) because I have two spare voice lines from promotions that are idle. Been doing this for years and they give free 256kbps data overseas also, which is nice for mapping, nav, email etc.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    For what it’s worth, I use voice sims in iPads constantly (@ about 600kbps) because I have two spare voice lines from promotions that are idle. Been doing this for years and they give free 256kbps data overseas also, which is nice for mapping, nav, email etc.
    Thanks. I assumed it wouldn't be a problem, but you never know.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Good luck and I hope it works. I really like that they allow this on the voice lines. It really helps while traveling to have an alternate access point.

Feedback Score
    For what it’s worth, I use voice sims in iPads constantly (@ about 600kbps) because I have two spare voice lines from promotions that are idle.
    To clarify, even though they allow you to use the SIM's in iPads, they do throttle it down to 600kbps instead of getting the 4G speeds you would get in a phone. I can see how that would be great for international use since it's already throttled anyway.

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    After 1st one failed they sent me another one. Fail it will not get past the get started screen

Feedback Score
    Asking for a friend who just received the hotspot, and whose Sprint 1-year Free ends 9/30.

1. Can she wait until 10/1 to activate (insert the SIM that came with the hotspot, into the hotspot)? The goal would be to delay having to choose an MVNO until 10/30.

2. For the heck of it, what would happen if she removed the Sprint SIM from her phone, and inserted it into the hotspot? My guess is the hotspot wouldn't work cuz I think Sprint is CDMA and Tmo is GSM, hmmm. I'm clueless tho.

FWIW she's like many folks I know -- she's been using a Google Voice phone number for years so she doesn't really need that Sprint number. Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whatIneeded View Post
    Asking for a friend who just received the hotspot, and whose Sprint 1-year Free ends 9/30.

1. Can she wait until 10/1 to activate (insert the SIM that came with the hotspot, into the hotspot)? The goal would be to delay having to choose an MVNO until 10/30.

2. For the heck of it, what would happen if she removed the Sprint SIM from her phone, and inserted it into the hotspot? My guess is the hotspot wouldn't work cuz I think Sprint is CDMA and Tmo is GSM, hmmm. I'm clueless tho.

FWIW she's like many folks I know -- she's been using a Google Voice phone number for years so she doesn't really need that Sprint number. Thanks!
    1. Yes- it doesn't activate until you put the sim in the hotspot.
    2. As soon as the hotspot is activated it gets sim locked, so it wont work.
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)

Fios Gigabit:

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Do your free voice lines have throttled hotspot service (e.g., 3G hotspot)? The iPad and hotspots are identified as mobile broadband/hotspot devices, which explains why the iPad would be similarly throttled. I wasn't thinking they would act that way if you have full speed hotspot data.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast