Thread: Straight talk home phone, obsolete???

Device(s)
    LG enV9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Cool Straight talk home phone, obsolete???

I can’t find a straight talk home phone device. Are they stopping this? Can I activate a Verizon one on straight talk? No internet and my elderly Moms landline is too expensive. Any ideas? She refuses to swap that line to a cell phone.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You need to find a Walmart with a ZTE unless they have switched to this new Franklin Home Phone box that I have seen the price tag for. Here is the link to the ZTE one: https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=567593229. The only thing is that I have seen the ZTE box back in a few Walmarts, and they are marked as being sold out on BrickSeek tho. So you might have to go and look at Walmart yourself.

You can't activate a Verizon Home Phone as a Straight Talk Home Phone because they don't have an option to do this.

Edit: You might want to look at this thread too: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-Phone-Service

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiadaisy View Post
    I can’t find a straight talk home phone device. Are they stopping this? Can I activate a Verizon one on straight talk? No internet and my elderly Moms landline is too expensive. Any ideas? She refuses to swap that line to a cell phone.
    Previous discussion about this here:

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-Phone-Service

Straight Talk appears to be a dead end for the device at the moment. Though you may be able to find the devices at third party sites - eBay, etc. Since they are out of stock at ST about all I found were ~$200. The normal price is ~$50.

My understanding is that the current devices that work with Verizon VoLTE on ST are zte wf721 and z723el. Older non-VoLTE probably can't be activated anymore.

Consumer Cellular has one that uses AT&T.

Ooma has one that uses Sprint.

Someone mentioned success using the Verizon Wireless Home Phone T2000 SKU# NOVT2000 on selectel.

Device(s)
    LG enV9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for the suggestions but as stated in the original post, Walmart does Not have the straight talk home phone online or in the store, any store, anywhere. Also out of stock at straight talk. NO INTERNET ACCESS, so ooma won’t work. Online OOMA doesn’t offer anything but WiFi phone. eBay has extremely overpriced boxes but if straight talk is phasing them out, I certainly don’t want to pay the price. I thought maybe someone would know if straight talk is doing away with them altogether. I can do a autopay online every month so paying isn’t an issue at all.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    you might want to look into the AT&T Lifeline for low / fixed income - https://www.att.com/home-phone/lifeline.html

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for the suggestions but as stated in the original post, Walmart does Not have the straight talk home phone online or in the store, any store, anywhere. Also out of stock at straight talk. NO INTERNET ACCESS, so ooma won’t work. Online OOMA doesn’t offer anything but WiFi phone. eBay has extremely overpriced boxes but if straight talk is phasing them out, I certainly don’t want to pay the price. I thought maybe someone would know if straight talk is doing away with them altogether. I can do a autopay online every month so paying isn’t an issue at all.
    As far as I can tell, they are not phasing it out since they have this new Home Phone box coming out. Not sure when it is going to show up yet. Like you can see from the other post that we linked to you, this Franklin box is coming soon to most of my local Walmarts: https://support.straighttalk.com/dev...e?device=24998.

Plus I don't know if you knew this, the Home Phone boxes are not in with or by the other Straight Talk phones. They are normally next to the cordless phones or even the FRS/GMRS radios depending on how your Walmart is.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    NO INTERNET ACCESS, so ooma won’t work. Online OOMA doesn’t offer anything but WiFi phone.
    The Ooma Phone Genie at Walmart is not the VoIP type, but uses Sprint cell service. Sprint has dramatically increased their coverage in my area, so worth looking at. The Ooma maps are over optimistic.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ooma-8110...enie/273985689

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I was just in my Walmart Monday and saw this on the shelf.

Same store that has not had any for almost a year.

Name:  IMG_0240.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  51.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0241.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  26.0 KB

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Straight talk home phone, obsolete???

Doesn’t Verizon prepaid have a cellular home phone box? My grandma just got one that uses VoLTE. She signed up at a Verizon store but not sure if they’re online or not. She only pays $20/mo for it, maybe $30, can’t remember right off hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoDan View Post
    I was just in my Walmart Monday and saw this on the shelf.

Same store that has not had any for almost a year.
    That is the same here. Some have them, and other does not have them. The ones that does have them has them in the new Franklin Home Phone box location.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Doesn’t Verizon prepaid have a cellular home phone box? My grandma just got one that uses VoLTE. She signed up at a Verizon store but not sure if they’re online or not. She only pays $20/mo for it, maybe $30, can’t remember right off hand.
    Verizon Wireless Home Phone T2000 SKU# NOVT2000.

Someone above reported it working on Selectel. IIRC, Selectel is $18 a month.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone know how Straight Talk Home Phone works with 911?

Is is just cellphone 911 or do they have a registered address?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Anyone know how Straight Talk Home Phone works with 911?

Is is just cellphone 911 or do they have a registered address?
    It depends on the location. Some 911 systems can detect address, some allow registration of an address and some, probably most, treat it as a cell phone (which of course it is) and will ask "what is the location of your emergency?"

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The ZTE home phone device is available on Straight Talk's website for $49.99, but you have to buy an airtime card as well so a minimum of $64.99 plus taxes. Free shipping at the moment.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by penn462 View Post
    The ZTE home phone device is available on Straight Talk's website for $49.99, but you have to buy an airtime card as well so a minimum of $64.99 plus taxes. Free shipping at the moment.
    The last time that I looked on Straight Talk's site, it said the ZTE one is sold out again tho.