Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is there any way to find a map or list of band 71 coverage?

Device(s)
    Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Verizon prepaid monthly
    Feedback Score
    Since there are many posts here about CellMapper, which I am gearing up to join (but to map Verizon towers), I have some questions about its culture.

What happens if I as a newcomer have more accurate info than a longer term user, and want to correct some poorly located towers, can that be easily done?

Are there users who just want to rack up some sort of high statistics and are more concerned with that than accuracy?

And, like stated above, if some have mapped towers from the easy to reach roads, while I have made the effort to drive full circles around them, will that be factored in somehow?

Are there tugs of war over a site's location, and can users communicate with each why they feel a point should be where it is?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    You can also check their 600MHz deployment spreadsheet. It dates back to May, but they do update it every few months:

https://howmobileworks.com/wp-conten...ty-050919.xlsx
    My city and cities around it aren’t even listed there.

So much for Band 71.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_73 View Post
    ....... CellMapper shows actual reports and NOT predictions. It won't show what no one has mapped. ....
    I kind of wish they had dots of some color (grey or black) to indicate someone was there but found no signal. I understand this could be misleading, they might not have a phone with all bands.

Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    ...... I can state that it can take ~2 weeks for some towers + sites to show up, as well as the actual mapped coverage.
    It's been almost a full month since my trail mapping trip to N. Georgia and all my information is just now showing up on CellMapper. I may join them as a premium member to help them afford more servers.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    You need to be careful about which TV channel are in use. Some, like channel 44, don't matter much while others, like 40 or 48, are pretty much the kiss of death.
    Heh, the two left here are 41 and 49. Probably scuttles it for now. T-Mo just bought IWireless this year, which had some 4G LTE but many 2G and 3G (not even HSPA+ as far as I know) areas, I assume while they go out to all those sites they are popping up 600mhz equipment, ready to go when the stations are.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Followup on that, on the T-Mo site now you can see the extra coverage from band 71 here in eastern Iowa, and can see exactly how far out the protection for KGCW and KLJB extends; Iowa City shows no extra coverage from 600mhz, but JUST west (Coralville even) does. Statewide, the ex-I-Wireless towers are spaced for 1900 but absolute minimum site density (and neither IWireless or T-Mo bought any 700 here so it was purely PCS and AWS (band 2 and 4)); west of here where 600mhz is up it looks on the map like it's REALLY filled the coverage out nicely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3