Thread: Cheapest way to try Sprint out

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Cheapest way to try Sprint out

I have AT&T now, and am thinking of switching to Sprint. I had them several years back, and they actually weren't bad in my area, so now I think Sprint would only be better. The problem is where I work, AT&T works, Verizon doesn't, and I'm not sure about Sprint. I run equipment, and really enjoy using the phone for radio, and sometimes video if I'm not to busy, so a working network is a must. I have a Galaxy S9plus from AT&T, and was wondering if it is possible to get a sprint sim, and stick in the phone to try out the network?
    Also, are there any idea's what will happen to the Sprint plans when the Tmobile merger goes through. Will we be able to keep the the plans, or will they force us to more expensive ones of Tmobile?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidturtle View Post
    I have AT&T now, and am thinking of switching to Sprint. I had them several years back, and they actually weren't bad in my area, so now I think Sprint would only be better. The problem is where I work, AT&T works, Verizon doesn't, and I'm not sure about Sprint. I run equipment, and really enjoy using the phone for radio, and sometimes video if I'm not to busy, so a working network is a must. I have a Galaxy S9plus from AT&T, and was wondering if it is possible to get a sprint sim, and stick in the phone to try out the network?
    Also, are there any idea's what will happen to the Sprint plans when the Tmobile merger goes through. Will we be able to keep the the plans, or will they force us to more expensive ones of Tmobile?
    Tmobile cant force anyone on there plans. For now anyway. Sprint doesnt quite work like the other carriers and is the most unfriendly carrier when it comes to getting a phone activated. You need to go in a store to get it transferred over to ATT. Simply putting a Sprint sim in will not work like the other carriers. Also Sprint does not support VoLTE on the Galaxy S9 even though the S8 gained support in October 2018. Sprint has upgraded 85% of its towers with 2.5ghz super fast LTE since 2016. So Sprint will be faster outdoors. Indoors I'm not sure about that one since 2.5ghz will go indoors but not super deep. I can pull 100-200mbps outdoors but go indoors to 1.9ghz and only pull 2-5mbps and then 800mhz 0.5-1mbps. Where do you live I can check and see if your in a good area.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yes you can get unlimited KickStart for $25 a month. Rate will be good for at least 3 years once you are on (merger guarantee). (Offer expiring Sept 5 in current form -but probably will be renewed/extended/modified/ possibly paused).

All branded S9 (assuming its in now unlocked) will convert to Sprint (temporarily) on insertion. They will send you a sim.

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/plans/unlimited-kickstart.html?

Or of you want to order a sim kit separately first, the universal BYOD kit (good for all major BYOD phones) is $2.99 delivered
    https://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/sho...dium=affiliate

There is no need to set foot in a store and personally I would not do so. It is highly risky to your wallet to be near those sales vultures. You can do EVERYTHING online, and it is safer and cheaper IMHO.

VoLTE on S9 is imminent.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terrell352 View Post
    Tmobile cant force anyone on there plans. For now anyway. Sprint doesnt quite work like the other carriers and is the most unfriendly carrier when it comes to getting a phone activated. You need to go in a store to get it transferred over to ATT. Simply putting a Sprint sim in will not work like the other carriers. Also Sprint does not support VoLTE on the Galaxy S9 even though the S8 gained support in October 2018. Sprint has upgraded 85% of its towers with 2.5ghz super fast LTE since 2016. So Sprint will be faster outdoors. Indoors I'm not sure about that one since 2.5ghz will go indoors but not super deep. I can pull 100-200mbps outdoors but go indoors to 1.9ghz and only pull 2-5mbps and then 800mhz 0.5-1mbps. Where do you live I can check and see if your in a good area.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk
    I know I get decent service where I live, but it's where I work that it says LTE signal is only fair. It's Wappingers falls NY area right on the Hudson river. Funny thing is most people around here use Verizon, and it is horrible at work. AT&T is very good, and when I had Sprint about 5 or 6 years ago, they were poor in the area also.

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    I know I get decent service where I live, but it's where I work that it says LTE signal is only fair. It's Wappingers falls NY area right on the Hudson river. Funny thing is most people around here use Verizon, and it is horrible at work. AT&T is very good, and when I had Sprint about 5 or 6 years ago, they were poor in the area also.
    Unless you know someone in your immediate area, there is no easy way to test the service without spending some money. T-Mobile supposedly has a 30 day trial period. But when I cancelled a few days after the trial a couple of years ago, they kept on billing me for the month and threatened me with collections right away until I straightened things out with them. And it took a few months before I finally got someone competent from CS who resolved the issue.

Sprint does not offer any 30 day trials. You will pay $25 for KickStart and a $30 activation fee to try the service. I tried it because I was desperate and fortunately I got very good LTE speeds.

I am using a Pixel with Sprint and ordered yesterday a Pixel XL to get another KickStart line.

Sprint came through for me when AT&T died on me and T-Mobile is so popular and congested in Henderson, NV that speeds are awful.

Sent from my Pixel using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post

Sprint does not offer any 30 day trials. You will pay $25 for KickStart and a $30 activation fee to try the service. I tried it because I was desperate and fortunately I got very good LTE speeds.

[/URL]
    Sprint has been running broadcast ads for over 5 months about their 100% satisfaction guarantee. https://www.phonedog.com/2019/04/12/...e-refund-costs

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paaz View Post
    Sprint has been running broadcast ads for over 5 months about their 100% satisfaction guarantee. https://www.phonedog.com/2019/04/12/...e-refund-costs
    That isn't what I was told by CS. CS said I was responsible for everything I used if I was dissatisfied.

Sent from my Pixel using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I mean, really.. Just buy a cheap-o boost mobile phone, activate it and see what you get. Easy.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50