Thread: S8 Edge Not Responding

Device(s)
    I95CL
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

S8 Edge Not Responding

Hello. I did a search and couldn't find anything similar to what is wrong. My Galaxy S8 Edge does not turn on. When I use the original charger and plug it does not make a sound upon plugging it in and it does not show the battery. The charging light does not come on either. If I try to wirelessly charge my phone, the phone (Galaxy S10 Plus) beeps to signal a charge on my S8. It still doesn't show the charging signal or light on the S8. I've tried all the button combos to start the phone and nothing happens (volume up and down/power). I also tried it with the power cord in. This happened right after I upgraded from my S8 to the Note 10 Plus. I used the app from Samsung to transfer everything to my new phone. I shut the S8 off after it was done and put it in my draw. I took it out today to go check something out and it wouldn't turn on. Any suggestions or help would be great! Thank you

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Did you press the buttons this way? Press and hold both the Volume Down and Power keys together for 7 to 10 seconds.
    Is it naked when wireless charging? Tried different cables & outlets?

Even though it's not charging, let the device charge for 15-45 minutes or even a couple hours before trying to turn it on again. Some devices when so out of juice don't show they're charging.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    I95CL
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    hello zapjb! Thank you for your response! Yes, i tried everything. i have it with me at work right now and it's been on the charger for about 30 minutes now. i will let it sit for a while. There's still no sign of the battery charging (no battery icon, no beep when it's plugged with charger, no light flashing at top of phone to indicate charging). I placed it on a Samsung wireless charger and the light turns blue as if it's charging the phone (on the wireless charger). Right now it's on the original Samsung charger that came with the phone. I did try other wires and chargers but it does the same thing. I also tried the power/volume buttons but nothing happens at all. It's like the device is totally dead. My phone is in near perfect physical condition and has never been near water, nor dropped. i took great care of it and has always been in a case. i still have the original plastic on the back of the phone from when i purchased it. Still haven't peeled it off....lol!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    YW. I left a phone charging for 8 hours once before it came back to life.