Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Illinois’ Kwame Raoul becomes 17th state AG to join lawsuit against Merger

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    IF this goes through within 5 years, millions will be crying for the carrier & MVNO prices of today.

Quote me on this.
    Sprint will be better when/if they merge with T-Mobile.

They have been losing customers nearly every quarter, last year they lost 1.9 billion, they have mismanaged most of the spectrum they own.

Can you lay out this brilliant plan that you have for Sprint to survive and be this great independent 4th carrier. I’ll be waiting for your detailed plan.
    Last edited by trees12; 09-05-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Feedback Score
    IF this goes through within 5 years, millions will be crying for the carrier & MVNO prices of today.

Quote me on this.
    I will, for sure. Because I know the history of the cell phone industry in the US... which has been a steady trend of mergers/consolidation accompanied with decreases in price AND remarkable increases in value (data amounts, speed, coverage).

Sorry, Zap, history didn't begin in 2017. There are some of us who remember when Cingular, Alltel, and the others were around years ago, with tiny amounts of data for huge amounts of money, high per-text calls, nothing faster than 2G speed, really tiny coverage footprints.

There's no reason to believe that these trends won't continue after the merger. Other than pure imagination.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Notabiot call me or text me. Your inbox is full btw.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    Sprint will be better when/if they merge with T-Mobile....
    Was talking price not quality. Many like myself are satisfied with our cell phone service.

Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I will, for sure. Because I know the history of the cell phone industry in the US... which has been a steady trend of mergers/consolidation accompanied with decreases in price AND remarkable increases in value (data amounts, speed, coverage).

Sorry, Zap, history didn't begin in 2017. There are some of us who remember when Cingular, Alltel, and the others were around years ago, with tiny amounts of data for huge amounts of money, high per-text calls, nothing faster than 2G speed, really tiny coverage footprints.

There's no reason to believe that these trends won't continue after the merger. Other than pure imagination.
    I agree up until "There's no reason to believe that these trends won't continue after the merger. Other than pure imagination."
    We'll just have to wait & see. Because of business, greed & lack of accountability trends are very different these days.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    Was talking price not quality. Many like myself are satisfied with our cell phone service.

I agree up until "There's no reason to believe that these trends won't continue after the merger. Other than pure imagination."
    We'll just have to wait & see. Because of business, greed & lack of accountability trends are very different these days.
    I don't think business scandal is anything new either, but I see your point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    What people? The politicians who are in the back pocket of those with vested interests? Is that the people you want to send the power to?

The facts are that T-Mobile plans to use a lot of Sprint's unused spectrum and resources to benefit customers of both companies. But why would those who oppose the merger care about those customers getting a better network to use?

Let's be honest, you're just afraid that Legere will challenge your beloved AT&T and that's something that you just can't stand. Power to the politicians you say....
    The conflict of the ages is between the rulers and the ruled. The attorneys general, as part of the government, are the rulers. And their arrogant, uninformed, and capricious actions, like those of any ruling elite, affect "the people".

Their actions are as much a victory for "the people" as the People's Republic of China is of the "the people".

He is definitely asking for more power for the rulers, and not for the people.

Feedback Score

Quote me on this.
    If this doesn't go through within 5 years Sprint is dead and at&t and Verizon will get the vast majority of it's corpse. How does that help consumers. Quote me on this.

If this doesn't go through within 60 days Sprint will announce layoffs and new plans that are higher cost and offer less. Quote me on this too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If this doesn't go through within 5 years Sprint is dead and at&t and Verizon will get the vast majority of it's corpse. How does that help consumers. Quote me on this.

If this doesn't go through within 60 days Sprint will announce layoffs and new plans that are higher cost and offer less. Quote me on this too.
    Before 11.04.2019 ok. I'm thinking this drags on another 16 months until around 02.2021.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post

Sprint is already a dead horse. The sooner its resources are put to proper use the better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2