Thread: iPhone 7 not showing I have any new voicemails, despite mailbox being filled

Feedback Score

iPhone 7 not showing I have any new voicemails, despite mailbox being filled

Hey all

Just wondering why my iPhone 7 would not show that I have nay new voicemails. Just had a friend tell that she could not leave me a message, as my mailbox was filled. When i called my voicemail it tells me that I have 20 new messages.

Feedback Score
    Did it show voicemail notifications before? Do you have Visual Voicemail enabled?

Verizon Basic VM saves 20 messages, but 40 for an iPhone with VVM. Not sure how you access VVM on an iPhone. With VVM you don't call the *86 VM network. Received messages are downloaded to the phone as an audio file. You can still dial *86.

Feedback Score
    I thought that it showed that I had a certain number of message, but it is no longer doing that. As for visual voicemail, this is what I found at the PagePlus website. "Unfortunately, we do NOT provide support for visual voice mail."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wyophoneguy View Post
    I thought that it showed that I had a certain number of message, but it is no longer doing that. As for visual voicemail, this is what I found at the PagePlus website. "Unfortunately, we do NOT provide support for visual voice mail."
    They do support it. I get them all the time. That's likely part of their website that's outdated.
    Of course you're talking iPhone. That seems to be a whole different animal with these recent new features.

Feedback Score
    Visual Voicemail is provided directly by Verizon, and is usually enabled with newer accounts that have VoLTE. Page Plus (or other Tracfone companies) reps are notoriously ignorant about these things. An iPhone 7 is certainly capable of these.

One test is to look in the Basic voicemail system. Dial *86 and choose Option 4 "Personal Options". That menu will offer more options. If Option 1 is offered you have Basic VM. If no Option 1, then you have VVM. Option 1 is for Basic VM notifications, which is disabled with VVM enabled.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I still remember some Tracfone reps giving mixed info on VoLTE for some time too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Visual Voicemail is provided directly by Verizon, and is usually enabled with newer accounts that have VoLTE. Page Plus (or other Tracfone companies) reps are notoriously ignorant about these things. An iPhone 7 is certainly capable of these.

One test is to look in the Basic voicemail system. Dial *86 and choose Option 4 "Personal Options". That menu will offer more options. If Option 1 is offered you have Basic VM. If no Option 1, then you have VVM. Option 1 is for Basic VM notifications, which is disabled with VVM enabled.
    Okay it looks like I have VVM as when I call my voicemail there is no option 1, but seem to have no way to access it. Also just got done chatting with someone from PagePlus and they seem to think I have VVM. Was told that i would need to download it, as it been deleted most likely. On another note I keep getting texts that with VZWVVM when I get a new voicemail or have changed something in my voicemail.

Feedback Score
    Okay, everyone, I think I got the problem fixed. I think they had me set up for visual voicemail when I had no way to access it. In any event, I just had them switch me back to basic voicemail. After sending myself a test message my phone did show that I had 1 new voicemail.

Feedback Score
    Okay it looks like I have VVM as when I call my voicemail there is no option 1, but seem to have no way to access it. Also just got done chatting with someone from PagePlus and they seem to think I have VVM. Was told that i would need to download it, as it been deleted most likely. On another note I keep getting texts that with VZWVVM when I get a new voicemail or have changed something in my voicemail.
    More PP misinformation! The VVM function is a part of the phone dialer in an iPhone. It is with non-carrier branded Android phones too. It shows as a cassette tab on the main dialer page. You will not see this tab if VVM is not enabled or switched off in the phone. Only carrier branded Android phones have a stand alone VVM app. The texts as notification are saying the account has VVM, but the phone is unable to read it.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201436

Feedback Score
    Okay, everyone, I think I got the problem fixed. I think they had me set up for visual voicemail when I had no way to access it. In any event, I just had them switch me back to basic voicemail. After sending myself a test message my phone did show that I had 1 new voicemail.
    Too hasty! I have been using VVM for over a year and would never go back to Basic VM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I thought the iPhone's VVM had a different provisioning over the Android's VVM. I still remember this thread: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...email-See-here

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I thought the iPhone's VVM had a different provisioning over the Android's VVM. I still remember this thread: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...email-See-here
    I remember that thread too. The OP had VM problems with a ZTE LTE flip phone, so did some research. Those were activated as VoLTE accounts with VVM, but the phones can't handle VVM. Only solution was to switch the account to Basic VM, which at that time was very difficult.

Not sure about special VVM provisioning for iPhones.