Thread: T-Mobile Workers Share Concerns Over T-Mobile/Sprint Merger with Deutsche Telekom CEO

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Workers Share Concerns Over T-Mobile/Sprint Merger with Deutsche Telekom CEO

https://cwa-union.org/news/releases/...lekom-ceo-meet

T-Mobile CEO John Legere has said that the New T-Mobile “will be jobs positive from day one and every day thereafter.” He’s said that the company plans to invest nearly $40 billion in network and business expansion in the first three years following the merger’s completion in an effort to build out 5G infrastructure, customer care resources, and the retail footprint.

Meanwhile, the Democrat funded CWA argues that the T-Mobile-Sprint merger will lead to 30,000 jobs lost as a result of closing duplicative stores and headquarters functions. “None of the developments over the past months regarding the merger have changed CWA’s fundamental assessment of this as a job-killing merger,” the group says.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    Meanwhile, the Democrat funded CWA...
    Could you stuff a sock in the politics, please?

You've been called out for this crap before.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Could you stuff a sock in the politics, please?

You've been called out for this crap before.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Post # 20 in the thread linked https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...nt-merge/page2 by the lovely Moderator Veritzd “Political talk is only forbidden if it starts to derail a thread and create bickering. Nothing wrong so far, so need to warn anybody, delete posts, or close the thread. All is good when everyone respects each other.”

Btw there was only one poster who “called me out”. He’s my biggest fan on this site. I’ll just say we have different views on politics.

Anyways back to the topic what about the jobs?
    Last edited by trees12; 09-06-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    Post # 20 in the thread linked https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...nt-merge/page2 by the lovely Moderator Veritzd “Political talk is only forbidden if it starts to derail a thread and create bickering. Nothing wrong so far, so need to warn anybody, delete posts, or close the thread. All is good when everyone respects each other.”

Btw there was only one poster who “called me out”. He’s my biggest fan on this site. I’ll just say we have different views on politics.

Anyways back to the topic what about the jobs?
    But in all seriousness, that was un-necessary. As of course a Union will be Democrat stuffed (as mine also is )

No good sense union member would ever vote the other way, as that party could not care about anything other than bottom line cost.. not the workers working conditions, money, nor quality of life.

Anyway, as someone who's worked for both companies.. Sprint has been on it's deathbed for ages, and the fat trimmed from Sprint will probably be good, as most of those people I worked with were old zombies from the Nextel era just barely hanging on hoping *some* change would happen, which clearly has not really happened.

Sprint has a very bad internal cancer and just needs to be killed out of it's misery for it's own sake.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Since we are talking about jobs: click the link below where some Democrats in this CNN video talk about jobs.

https://www.facebook.com/NashvilleTe...3103685388664/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    But in all seriousness, that was un-necessary. As of course a Union will be Democrat stuffed (as mine also is )

No good sense union member would ever vote the other way, as that party could not care about anything other than bottom line cost.. not the workers working conditions, money, nor quality of life.

Anyway, as someone who's worked for both companies.. Sprint has been on it's deathbed for ages, and the fat trimmed from Sprint will probably be good, as most of those people I worked with were old zombies from the Nextel era just barely hanging on hoping *some* change would happen, which clearly has not really happened.

Sprint has a very bad internal cancer and just needs to be killed out of it's misery for it's own sake.
    Yet quite often most of the union members are Independents and Republicans or those who just don't want to bother with political stuff of any kind.

Even in this situation the union will force every single member to turn over dues to the Democratic party. This of course includes those who never had a choice of whether or not to join the union in the first place: members who are only in the union because they were forced to join.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    It doesn't matter what the xxxxx-funded CWA argues or what CEO John Legere says, the jobs are going away. Retail can be replaced with a website or a kiosk while customer care resources can be replaced with AI or outsourced. The only good paying jobs left in this industry will be the ones who install and maintain the network infrastructure.

The CWA will not be able to stop automation and outsourcing, like the UAW has tried in the last 25 years or so.
    The UAW couldn't stop GM from closing its manufacturing plants in the Midwest nor can it "bring back jobs" that don't exist anymore.