Thread: Trouble activating Vz prepaid phone bought at Best Buy

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket CDMA $10 Essentials
    Feedback Score

Trouble activating Vz prepaid phone bought at Best Buy

I purchased a Moto E5 Go online from BB. As I've done before, I was trying to get it activated by a seller on Ebay who gets all the sim/IMEI information to activate the phone. The seller is getting errors and allude to the fact that phones purchased at Best Buy have to be activated by Best Buy.

Has anyone had this problem? The attraction is buying the first month of a $50 plan on Ebay for $20.

Is it possible the phone was not scanned properly? Who would I need to call about that?
    Last edited by tzais01; 09-06-2019 at 07:30 PM.
    TZ

Feedback Score
    was the phone bought online and shipped / picked up in store ?? if yes, then it is possible that the phone was not properly scanned at the register. just take the phone back to best buy ( along withe receipt ) and have them scan the phone so it can be activated.

Device(s)
    Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket CDMA $10 Essentials
    Feedback Score
    I ended up returning the phone to BB. It was purchased on Bestbuy.com, but apparently the latest prepaid phones cannot be activated by this particular sales channel from Ebay.

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    My brother purchased a cheap verizon phone from Wal-Mart with the idea of getting a preloaded sim off ebay. Wal-Mart employees state that they're not allowed to activate verizon prepaid phones.

They are self activated by the purchaser. I ran the IMEI through Verizon's compatibility checker and it does pass. It does say it needs a new sim card which Verizon will send for free.

I always thought that Wal-Mart helped activate the phones they sell.