Thread: Verizon friendly to international roamers coming to USA from abroad?

Feedback Score

Verizon friendly to international roamers coming to USA from abroad?

Will Verizon activate international model phones on dual Sim for prepaid when coming from abroad? Verizon has historically been a carrier with poor international coverage and more limited devices. I do understand devices like Huawei being blacklisted however but devices coming from the likes of Samsung, LG, Nokia, Motorola, Apple, Sony and many others technically shouldn’t be a problem but Verizon seems to be very limited in their certified devices for Verizon.

Feedback Score
    go here and enter the phones IMEI - https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/p.../#/checkDevice

Feedback Score
    It's still the case today. The mix of their soon to be shutdown CDMA network that needs provisioning and LTE that can't (or won't) send your phone instructions on how to do VoLTE is a really poor choice to roam on.

Go with AT&T... You'll get a vast coverage area, more compatible bands and UMTS calling to fall back on.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I thought I had read about people running whatever phone on Verizon's VoLTE. But, to do it you would have to activate your SIM on a supported phone first, make sure HD Voice is on on that phone, before you could possibly move the SIM over and have it work on whatever device. That said, you really would want to have band 13 on there, a band 4 device might work but they added band 13 first for coverage, then added 4, 2, and 5 later for capacity so 13 has far more coverage.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Bottom line would be to check the link on Post #2 to determine if a particular phone model can be used on Verizon.

For instance, I am strongly considering switching my Samsung Galaxy S9 + from Sprint to Verizon and that tool confirmed I can use my existing handset when I am ready to make the changeover.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....