Thread: LTE bands & 5G Band is SMG977UZAE

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

LTE bands & 5G Band is SMG977UZAE

Hi, I知 looking to purchase this Galaxy S10 5G from someone. I知 not with Verizon but use T-Mobile & AT&T and night use this phone in UK. Does this model have all the LTE bands of other carriers too or is it only Verizon LTE bands? Also the 5G frequency, is it same here in USA & UK & same for all US carriers?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    Hi, I知 looking to purchase this Galaxy S10 5G from someone. I知 not with Verizon but use T-Mobile & AT&T and night use this phone in UK. Does this model have all the LTE bands of other carriers too or is it only Verizon LTE bands? Also the 5G frequency, is it same here in USA & UK & same for all US carriers?

Thanks
    Right now 5G devices are all over the place with bands. I think that one only has mm wave for 5G on it. For LTE it has all bands

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The only 5G bands it has is 28 GHz and 39 GHz. I doubt the UK uses that.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I'd second the 5G is very unlikely.

4G? The phone supports 25 LTE band . Should be good; Google lists UK having LTE bands 1, 3, 7, 8 and 20 (with the phone supporting 3, 7, 8 and 20.) The other table listing what the phone companies are actually running shows band 1 not actually being used for LTE yet (it's still all used for 3G.) So you'll have use of all LTE bands there.

Edit: along with having 3G and 2G bands. Based on what people on The Register say about their UK cell phone service, you may see plenty of 3G and 2G service if you are getting out of London and into the countryside. From the way they describe it, VZW really spoils us here with their near-blanket LTE coverage.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    I'd second the 5G is very unlikely.

4G? The phone supports 25 LTE band . Should be good; Google lists UK having LTE bands 1, 3, 7, 8 and 20 (with the phone supporting 3, 7, 8 and 20.) The other table listing what the phone companies are actually running shows band 1 not actually being used for LTE yet (it's still all used for 3G.) So you'll have use of all LTE bands there.

Edit: along with having 3G and 2G bands. Based on what people on The Register say about their UK cell phone service, you may see plenty of 3G and 2G service if you are getting out of London and into the countryside. From the way they describe it, VZW really spoils us here with their near-blanket LTE coverage.
    Thank you all. I ended up buying a 5G Note 10+ on FB marketplace. Will rest in UK Q1 next year when 3 launches 5G network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    hopefully it works. when i tried putting another sim card in my S10 5G it would NOT work on another network no matter weather it was 5G or just plain old 4G. yes the phone is locked to me but not to any network!!!