Thread: How Can I Determine If I Am Served By T-Mobile 600 Mhz In My Area?

Feedback Score

How Can I Determine If I Am Served By T-Mobile 600 Mhz In My Area?

As posted above, how can I determine if the T-Mobile tower serving me at home has 600 Mhz? I do have a T-Mobile Coolpad Surf. I also have a universal, unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9. I looks like my Samsung Galaxy S9 does have the T-Mobile 600 MHz band.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    1. Go to the T-Mobile coverage map and click the tab that says something like, "See the coverage you will get with (without) 600 MHz" and watch if the map changes.
    2. Go to Cellmapper.net, select network 310260 and band 71 and zoom to your general area. See if there are any red or green dots that indicate towers.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    As posted above, how can I determine if the T-Mobile tower serving me at home has 600 Mhz? I do have a T-Mobile Coolpad Surf. I also have a universal, unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9. I looks like my Samsung Galaxy S9 does have the T-Mobile 600 MHz band.
    The S9 does support B71 yes

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

How Can I Determine If I Am Served By T-Mobile 600 Mhz In My Area?

Thank you.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Thank you.
    This map isn't the most accurate, and typically outdated, but can show what service covers your area.
    https://maps.t-mobile.com/pcc.html?map=mvno-noroam-34l
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    This map isn't the most accurate, and typically outdated, but can show what service covers your area.
    https://maps.t-mobile.com/pcc.html?map=mvno-noroam-34l
    Accurate as of Sept 5h as far as I can tell. Also https://coverage.lart2150.com/

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Accurate as of Sept 5h as far as I can tell. Also https://coverage.lart2150.com/
    That map has the dots located in spots here where no cell carrier has sites, either it's lying, or, more likely, the location data being uploaded is way off. Who is running that site? Where does the data come from, users (like Cellmapper) or industry?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    That map has the dots located in spots here where no cell carrier has sites, either it's lying, or, more likely, the location data being uploaded is way off. Who is running that site? Where does the data come from, users (like Cellmapper) or industry?
    A dot doesn't represent a cell site it represents coverage. Good grief. Did yo bother to zoom in? As I stated before cell mapper is way inaccurate. Says no coverage in my area. It's a useless site

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    A dot doesn't represent a cell site it represents coverage. Good grief. Did yo bother to zoom in? As I stated before cell mapper is way inaccurate. Says no coverage in my area. It's a useless site
    You're an obnoxious little guy, aren't you? Geez, do you ever have a nice attitude? I can see why people get so frustrated with you. Try being nice for a change, you'll get farther in life, and the forum will be a lot nicer.

Feedback Score
    You're an obnoxious little guy, aren't you? Geez, do you ever have a nice attitude? I can see why people get so frustrated with you. Try being nice for a change, you'll get farther in life, and the forum will be a lot nicer.

Feedback Score
    It's there a admin that can block him for 24-48 hours to give time to chill?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Cellmapper is actually quite accurate where coverage has been ... mapped.
    Since your areas hasn't been mapped by someone on T-Mobile with B71, it won't show up.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6 / S9+
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    The best a map can show is that Band 71 is possibly available.

In practice it has been elusive in many areas but hey at least they can color the map.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Cellmapper is actually quite accurate where coverage has been ... mapped.
    Since your areas hasn't been mapped by someone on T-Mobile with B71, it won't show up.
    Which once again make it uses. At least carrier maps show you were the have spectrum deployed and reasonable estimate of potential coverage. Anyone going by Cellmapper to potentially switch to T-Mobile in my area well might explain why T-Mobile isn't getting many new customers after nearly 3 years here.

As I said before it shows no Verizon coverage anywhere near Murray KY which is a college town with a student body of 10,000 plus the regular population yet NO ONE in all these years has bothered to use Cellmapper even once? Meanwhile other areas in the middle of nowhere with less than 500 people Cellmapper has data on.

Also every time I start the map it put me off the west coast of Africa

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Which once again make it uses. At least carrier maps show you were the have spectrum deployed and reasonable estimate of potential coverage. Anyone going by Cellmapper to potentially switch to T-Mobile in my area well might explain why T-Mobile isn't getting many new customers after nearly 3 years here.

As I said before it shows no Verizon coverage anywhere near Murray KY which is a college town with a student body of 10,000 plus the regular population yet NO ONE in all these years has bothered to use Cellmapper even once? Meanwhile other areas in the middle of nowhere with less than 500 people Cellmapper has data on.

Also every time I start the map it put me off the west coast of Africa
    I would agree in many places that CellMapper is not the best tool, especially many rural places. On a similar note, here, as well as Canada SOME carriers get a LOT more mapping. For as long as I've had it - AT&T/T-Mobile have had the most mapping on this tool, while Verizon and Sprint have had the least. To be fair, Sprint truly has very little rural areas covered on this tool. Similar in Canada, Rogers has had a lot of coverage on this tool, while Bell/Telus have lagged. As customers migrate to different carriers with different restrictions/features it does eventually get mapped. Looks like nobody using Verizon AND Cellmapper passed through Murray, KY... but to the north and west of it.
    I could say the same for Ridgway, CO - on the main highway to Telluride, CO. Looks like nobody has driven from Montrose to Telluride on VZW... but has been in Telluride. AT&T fares a little better, with someone actually mapping Ridgway and Telluride.. T-Mobile has been mapped more... but has less service (i.e. no service in Ridgway).

Cellmapper isn't good for areas where people haven't mapped it .. obviously.
    It is more accurate than T-Mobile's coverage maps where it has been mapped though. I've been to many places where T-Mobile claims service and none exists. Cellmapper/Sensorly/Rootmetrics all show them as dead zones (i.e. people have attempted to map them - and 'No Service'.)
    Lastly... if you put in '0,0' into Google maps.. you'll find that same place off the coast of Africa for cell mapper. This is because you are using a browser and its not picking up your geotag. You can fill in the 'location' in the search, or if you have a mobile version, and the actual app... it should pull your actual location by GPS.