Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: What advantage does T-Mobile's new 600MHz network compared to AT&T?

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    It is all relative to location. In many areas of Las Vegas/Henderson, speeds on AT&T and T-Mobile are pathetic due to congestion and over-saturation. I was getting upload speeds 20-25 times faster than download speeds. .5 download speeds during peak hours lately.
    I was in Manhattan on Friday, and T-Mobile's network is a abysmal. It was only doing single-digit mbps speeds most of the time, sometimes sub-megabit with an occasional low double-digit speed. Granted, I was on Mint, which is an MVNO, with an older LTE category phone, and it was NY Comic Con combined with Rosh Hashanah, a normal friday in Manhattan, and some sportsball games that evening, but AT&T was holding up OK with double-digit speeds, which is amazing for AT&T in their worst major market.

I'll be out in Vegas in a few weeks I'll see how AT&T and T-Mobile perform.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    ......, with an older LTE category phone, .......
    I think if I were in someplace like NYC or Vegas with either AT&T or T-Mobile, I'd want a high-grade phone with MIMO, >3-way CA and all the bands; 5G even. It's not so important out here in the sticks, where one is more likely to be limited by deployed bandwidth rather than congestion.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    I was in Manhattan on Friday, and T-Mobile's network is a abysmal. It was only doing single-digit mbps speeds most of the time, sometimes sub-megabit with an occasional low double-digit speed. Granted, I was on Mint, which is an MVNO, with an older LTE category phone, and it was NY Comic Con combined with Rosh Hashanah, a normal friday in Manhattan, and some sportsball games that evening, but AT&T was holding up OK with double-digit speeds, which is amazing for AT&T in their worst major market.

I'll be out in Vegas in a few weeks I'll see how AT&T and T-Mobile perform.
    This is a good speed lately.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5371715610

For a couple of years, I was getting 20+ Mbps download speeds with AT&T buyasession tablet plan. It has been garbage over the past couple of weeks. Making the transition to Sprint now. Got one line with Sprint, getting another in a few days. T-Mobile no better. Hard to believe in a way Sprint wins here. But most shun Sprint.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I think if I were in someplace like NYC or Vegas with either AT&T or T-Mobile, I'd want a high-grade phone with MIMO, >3-way CA and all the bands; 5G even. It's not so important out here in the sticks, where one is more likely to be limited by deployed bandwidth rather than congestion.
    My real phone is a Note 9, which has almost everything except the 7xCA that the Galaxy/Note 10 series has, IIRC. So the absolute speeds may not have been a fair comparison, but still, T-Mobile's network was sucking pondwater in NYC. I was expecting at least low double-digit speeds. Even that Moto G6 has tested in the triple digits on Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon.

For a couple of years, I was getting 20+ Mbps download speeds with AT&T buyasession tablet plan. It has been garbage over the past couple of weeks. Making the transition to Sprint now. Got one line with Sprint, getting another in a few days. T-Mobile no better. Hard to believe in a way Sprint wins here. But most shun Sprint.
    When I had Sprint, their speeds were great in NYC, due to B41 and high site density, but as soon as you leave an urban area with high density, or even sometimes go inside a building, it all falls apart.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is a good speed lately.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5371715610

Well Sprint is horrible in many areas plus their images severely tarnished due to the fact of their Network being horrible. That's why so many shun them. Also on top of that AT&t has considerably more capex then the other two put together. So they obviously have the financial muscle to build out a very dense and broad Network.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    It runs in cycles. I switch every so often between T-Mobile, AT&T and T-Mobile based on performance. I run a meritocracy in my life. And AT&T and T-Mobile can't compete with Sprint performance in Henderson NV:

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5372077575

Sent from my Pixel using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    T-Metro hasn't done crap with there network in 15 years in Mobile, AL so I likely will not try them again till they merge with Dish and Sprint.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    It depends on the area. Here in CT, AT&T has been in the lead since the Cingular days and before, since they are the B-side CLR carrier, and have more towers than anyone else. Verizon is a very close second though, and has a larger marketshare. They have some congestion issues, so they are playing whac-a-mole with small cells, while AT&T is just deploying more bands on existing macros and letting the speedtests fly.

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    When I lived in Northwest Las Vegas, AT&T really bailed me out. They were the only carrier with half way decent speeds. Sprint had no 4g service here. And T-Mobile gave no better than 2-3 Mbps download speeds. Even Verizon had very poor speeds here.

Typical AT&T speeds here:

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5373452516

By lunch time, it will be below 1 Mbps

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    T-Metro hasn't done crap with there network in 15 years in Mobile, AL so I likely will not try them again till they merge with Dish and Sprint.
    They actually have done quite a bit around Mobile but it's all been mid-band, since CSpire & AT&T own all the 700 MHz licenses. (Just like here in the Bilioxi-Gulfport market.) I was hoping for some quick low-band deployments around here, after WXXV cleared channel 48 in September but I'm told it will be January before we see anything. Mobile has several TV stations blocking 600 MHz deployment. It will probably be February before you see any T-Mobile low-band there.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8