Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 138

Thread: What advantage does T-Mobile's new 600MHz network compared to AT&T?

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    109
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Color me dubious. T-Mobile is no where near either AT&T or Verizon in terms of geographical coverage but in the end, you go with whatever company provides the best service for where you live and work.
    Lte wise not 3g

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,045
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    The funny thing is for the most part Sprint does better than T-Mobile in my area. T-Mobile is a joke. They won't even have the money needed to roll out Nationwide then I'm talking besides deploying all the spectrum they own I'm talking actual infrastructure small cells pico cells and new cell sites.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Are you talking about the planned $40 billion in CAPEX the combined companies have stated they'd spend over the next 3 years for network buildout? T-Mobile USA is not broke.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    696
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    The funny thing is for the most part Sprint does better than T-Mobile in my area. T-Mobile is a joke. They won't even have the money needed to roll out Nationwide then I'm talking besides deploying all the spectrum they own I'm talking actual infrastructure small cells pico cells and new cell sites.
    That's interesting to say the least. Are you on Lawn Guyland? That, for some reason, has been a traditional Sprint stronghold, plus Altice now is rolling out small cells with them. NYC proper is a huge Verizon stronghold, but AT&T is actually competing now in terms of having a usable network, which is a big change from 5-10 years ago.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,416
    Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Are you talking about the planned $40 billion in CAPEX the combined companies have stated they'd spend over the next 3 years for network buildout? T-Mobile USA is not broke.
    Well I have some horrible areas of service within central Jersey and south Jersey needs a lot of work. And 5mhz band 71 is a joke but obviously there is a lot of areas where they are great.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    342
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10+, S9+, Motorola E5 Spra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Once AT&T deploy Band 14 with HPUE it will triple the coverage to a regular 700mhz spectrum and AT&T will deploy it by end of the year. You also need HPUE B14 capable phone.
    Galaxy Care Ambassador

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    696
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    Once AT&T deploy Band 14 with HPUE it will triple the coverage to a regular 700mhz spectrum and AT&T will deploy it by end of the year. You also need HPUE B14 capable phone.
    I heard that handheld devices can't use B14 HPUE, but I'm not sure how true that is. If they could use it, it would increase the coverage area a bit, although probably not triple.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,678
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    T-Mobile's coverage is the exact same that it was 15 years ago in Mobile, AL . It's horrible and the fastest speeds I have seen with my test drive is 5megs . No 600mhz in this market or anywhere close to me
    CSpire owns the 700A (band-12) license in Mobile & Baldwin Counties. Band 71 is blocked by several TV stations until January 2020. T-Mobile has 40 MHz of currently usable download capacity in those two counties. Bamd 71 will increase that to 60 MHz.
    Donald Newcomb

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    342
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10+, S9+, Motorola E5 Spra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    I heard that handheld devices can't use B14 HPUE, but I'm not sure how true that is. If they could use it, it would increase the coverage area a bit, although probably not triple.
    Yup too good to be true but it is true Triple the coverage on a single site https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...sured-wireless

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,416
    Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    Yup too good to be true but it is true Triple the coverage on a single site https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...sured-wireless
    That's why I go with AT&t. AT&t gives me more truth to honest coverage.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    185
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    Yup too good to be true but it is true Triple the coverage on a single site https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...sured-wireless
    I saw a band 14 only speed test the other day. 80+ down and like 15 up.
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

    Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)


    Fios Gigabit:

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,416
    Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    I saw a band 14 only speed test the other day. 80+ down and like 15 up.
    Yeah that's not bad at all. That's actually pretty good for mono band LTE.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    696
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    Yup too good to be true but it is true Triple the coverage on a single site https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...sured-wireless
    Yeah, they claim triple coverage, but not for mobile devices. So that sounds like for a fixed router type of device, or something that would be installed on a cop car. Still neat, but it doesn't sound like it will have a whole lot of impact, at least not in the immediate future.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,416
    Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Yeah, they claim triple coverage, but not for mobile devices. So that sounds like for a fixed router type of device, or something that would be installed on a cop car. Still neat, but it doesn't sound like it will have a whole lot of impact, at least not in the immediate future.
    Still that's deceptive advertising.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    696
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    Still that's deceptive advertising.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    To be fair, that was an article, not really AT&T advertising it.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,416
    Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    To be fair, that was an article, not really AT&T advertising it.
    Okay true. But also though AT&t really will have to densify in South Jersey to keep up with LTE deployment because where I am in South Jersey in ocean county the reception is a bit lackluster.

    Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 07:06 PM
  2. what bands does t-mobile use?
    By shady104 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 09:28 PM
  3. What firmware does T-mobile t610's come with?
    By Timsta in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 03:08 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-16-2002, 08:14 AM
  5. Bell What licence does Bell Mobility have west of Ontario?
    By torontonian2001 in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2001, 09:32 AM

Bookmarks