Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ATT Towers

Device(s)
    Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Verizon prepaid monthly
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    I haven’t found any accurate sites for tower information yet. Lots of sites give completely wrong or partial information which can be inaccurate.
    I posted something about this topic over at :
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...4#post17096174

Have you tried the free but data-limited map at http://www.towermaps.com/the-map.html?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    The ATT coverage map shows full coverage in my rural area, but any info I can find on network tower locations shows absolutely no ATT towers. There's only a Verizon tower about 5 miles away that shows on a tower location search. I know networks sometime share towers. If the tower is owned by Verizon but ATT shares it, would it only show as Verizon on a tower locater ?

Any good web sites showing network towers ?
    Going prepaid is really the best way to try it out. Unfortunately for the most part carrier maps are pretty inaccurate. Just yesterday I took a trip through rural Ohio/Pa that according to AT&T’s coverage map the entire trip was in coverage area but about 20% of my trip I had no service even though coverage maps claimed LTE service.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    Going prepaid is really the best way to try it out. Unfortunately for the most part carrier maps are pretty inaccurate. Just yesterday I took a trip through rural Ohio/Pa that according to AT&T’s coverage map the entire trip was in coverage area but about 20% of my trip I had no service even though coverage maps claimed LTE service.
    Don't forget that coverage maps don't take account for interference from the terrain, trees, buildings, etc. They only show potential coverage.

Coverage is never guaranteed despite what the maps show.
    Last edited by veriztd; 09-23-2019 at 08:48 AM.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Don't forget that coverage maps don't take account for interference from the terrain, trees, buildings, etc. They only show potential coverage.
    They're supposed to, and sometimes do, but often don't, and usually exaggerate available coverage.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    They're supposed to, and sometimes do, but often don't, and usually exaggerate available coverage.
    No argument with you there.

Feedback Score
    Thanks all for the input. Tried all the cell tower look-ups etc. recommended but no reliable results. @rd10221's towermaps.com suggestion showed allot but includes all towers, not just cell, and doesn't name the owner. Guess the only way to tell is just try the cheapest ATT MVNO for a month. Verizon direct prepaid would work since I want using my phone as a hotspot allowed but their cost is higher for the same GB. But I've heard ATT CS is awful which I already know from my ATT land line and Directv. Don't know if Vzw CS is any better.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Cellmapper is available as an online service also, not only the app. You can choose the service provider you want to research. You can zoom into areas and get pretty detailed tower information.
    I'm on Verizon now. Wanted to try ATT since they seem to have better plans for the $. Don't want to activate on ATT and have nothing usable. So Cell mapper wouldn't help. I assume it would only tell you the towers for the network you're on (?)
    All carrier coverage maps are bogus outside of populated areas or main highways. Even the Verizon map.
    I have marginal coverage with them 5 miles from the tower and their map shows coverage way way further out then me.
    Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cyorke View Post
    Cellmapper is available as an online service also, not only the app. You can choose the service provider you want to research. You can zoom into areas and get pretty detailed tower information.

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app
    Thanks. That was recommended early in the thread. It's crowd sourced data from Cellmapper users, and doesn't even show towers I know exist.

Device(s)
    Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Verizon prepaid monthly
    Feedback Score
    @rd10221's towermaps.com suggestion showed allot but includes all towers, not just cell, and doesn't name the owner.
    Working my way through Tower Maps free sample offering, I find a preponderance of "Billboard" entries, that I think are bogus, either to bulk up the appearance of their offering, or as fake coded data like some publications do to detect improper usage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2