Thread: Xfinity Mobile not working with speedtest.net

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Xfinity Mobile not working with speedtest.net

soooooo i ported my number over to Xfinity Mobile yesterday to find out that they changed their plans "2nd gen" they call it and now im FORCED to buy the 1GB plan vs the free line i wanted cause i have wifi at home and a hotspot in the car so i dont need data...i really hate comcast!

anyways i notice that i cant use my speedtest.net app it says that i dont have internet but everything else works just fine with data...i used chrome and went to fast.com and it showed a speedtest of 4Mbps which isnt nothing kinda slow

im i some how on a old plan? cause the old plans was cap at 5Mbps and i dont see it going past 4-5Mbps

EDIT: i have a iphone 6s running 12.4.1 and i just updated it to see if it would fix the glich...i also uninstalled speedtest and reinstalled it and it gives me the same error message

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Xfinity does not have old capped plans.

It sounds like your using 3G data. Are you in an extended area?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Isn't fast.com only supposed to measure your connection to Netflix's servers? To get true internet speeds, I think you have to use a different speed test. Someone please correct me if that's wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Isn't fast.com only supposed to measure your connection to Netflix's servers? To get true internet speeds, I think you have to use a different speed test. Someone please correct me if that's wrong.
    from what i can see fast.com is internet powered by NETFLIX

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    soooooo i ported my number over to Xfinity Mobile yesterday to find out that they changed their plans "2nd gen" they call it and now im FORCED to buy the 1GB plan vs the free line i wanted cause i have wifi at home and a hotspot in the car so i dont need data...i really hate comcast! anyways i notice that i cant use my speedtest.net app it says that i dont have internet but everything else works just fine with data...i used chrome and went to fast.com and it showed a speedtest of 4Mbps which isnt nothing kinda slow im i some how on a old plan? cause the old plans was cap at 5Mbps and i dont see it going past 4-5Mbps EDIT: i have a iphone 6s running 12.4.1 and i just updated it to see if it would fix the glich...i also uninstalled speedtest and reinstalled it and it gives me the same error message
    are you using an ad blocker on your phone ?? - https://support.speedtest.net/hc/en-...roubleshooting

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    You are correct. Verizon (and its MVNOs) usually limit video streaming to 5 Mbps. Fast.com will only show what is allowed for Netflix streaming. The OP should be able to find other speedtest apps or websites to use.