Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Phase 5 of 600 mhz rollout is complete- How soon should I start seeing Band 71

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    5G offers a mere 5%-10% improvement on lowband. So going from 3 Mbps to 3.3 Mbps doesn't mean much.
    Neville Ray the T-Mobile CTO said it was a 20% to 25% improvement wit 5G. However this first 5G is based on Release 14 and isn’t the standalone version of 5G they are working on. Just like LTE it got faster and faster over a short period of time. Verizon and AT&T 5G deployed with mmWave only works well if you are outside since even a glass window will degrade the signal a lot. Not to mention with mmWave you have to be less than a football field from the mmWave transmitter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Neville Ray the T-Mobile CTO said it was a 20% to 25% improvement wit 5G.
    Not on lowband. link to that please

Verizon and AT&T 5G deployed with mmWave only works well if you are outside since even a glass window will degrade the signal a lot. Not to mention with mmWave you have to be less than a football field from the mmWave transmitter.
    A) ALL of t-mobile 5G deployments so far use mmwave like Verizon and at&t
    B) Show me where either at&t and/or Verizon said they were only use mmwave for 5G? Verizon has stated before that they intend on using low and mid band for 5G starting next year. Also there is this from at&t

https://www.fiercewireless.com/5g/at...0-mhz-spectrum

AT&T is using 850 MHz spectrum for its low-band 5G rollout, according to an AT&T spokesperson, which the carrier says has a reach of about 2 miles from cell sites, and will cover “tens of millions” of consumers and business this year. AT&T plans to deliver nationwide sub-6 GHz 5G coverage in the first half of 2020.

AT&T’s 5G service will roll out in coming weeks in parts of the following markets: Indianapolis; Pittsburgh, Providence, Rhode Island; Rochester, New York; and San Diego.

Name:  you-were-saying-xg6r87.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  31.9 KB

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    BTW, I agree that T-Mobile should be utilizing as much band-71 as possible for LTE while awaiting 5G. For some reason, they don't follow my instructions. Maybe they didn't get my memo.
    I suspect that it might have been more effort than an easy 'sell'. For a while, areas did have 10x10 band 71 here (even though they have 15x15 spectrum). The true reason comes down as the sales pitch.
    We can push people to new devices and '5G services' (mostly sales fluff at this point) as a big push to claim 5G nationwide ... even though its 99% just like vaporware at this point.
    'When' T-Mobile has refarmed Sprint's spectrum... they will have a better 5G selling schtick.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7