Thread: T-Mobile Essentials Unlimited 55 is $55 (plus taxes and fees) for two lines

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile Essentials Unlimited 55 is $55 (plus taxes and fees) for two lines

“The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10 (G9730), Sony Xperia XZ2, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi (2nd SIM slot)
    Feedback Score
    Crap. I knew I should have signed up for it when they started tinkering with it recently. Now with the taxes & fees added it's less of a deal than it was.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sticking with my original 55 plan that only cost me $50 a month that pays all my taxes for my one phone with the $5 discount for automatic pay. I don’t use my phone as a hotspot often but with 6 Comcast outages over 4 to as much as 20 hours this year I like a plan that allows hotspot data.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    well, I am thinking of going to Google-Fi anyway, as I travel a fair amount and their data roaming is better than T-Mo's.

(my Comcast use to be bad too, but they've got their act together in the past few years in my area)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I checked today and for clarity, the "Essential" Unlimited 55 pricing doesn't include taxes & fees, but the two upper plans, Magenta & Magenta Plus, do. Whew.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256gig (me), iPhone 7 32gig (wife)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phelme View Post
    well, I am thinking of going to Google-Fi anyway, as I travel a fair amount and their data roaming is better than T-Mo's.
    Domestic or international roaming? Other than seeing No Service more than with the MVNOs we had (V) and paying more, our reason for T-Mobile was for my wife's 6 weeks a year in Europe; is Google-Fi better than Magenta 55? I wanted her to buy a local SIM, but she doesn't like that idea.

I wish V had a reasonable $ postpaid plan (overseas data roaming) for 2 people, 2Gig total / month ...

Carrier(s)
    verzion
    Feedback Score
    I wish I could go to that carrier but they are horrible in my area #nothanks T-Mobile

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gbynum View Post
    Domestic or international roaming? Other than seeing No Service more than with the MVNOs we had (V) and paying more, our reason for T-Mobile was for my wife's 6 weeks a year in Europe; is Google-Fi better than Magenta 55? I wanted her to buy a local SIM, but she doesn't like that idea.
    I was referring to Google Fi's international data roaming, since their roaming agreements appear to be independent from T-Mobile's and generally have higher speeds. I imagine their domestic roaming is better too, as you long as you are using one of their "designed for Google Fi" phones which give access to the three carriers: T-Mobile, Sprint and US Cellular (plus some WI-fi roaming too).

What keeps me tethered currently to T-Mobile is my circa 2003 grandfathered plan (and rate ). But they keep chipping away from its services trying to get me to switch to a current plan, that's it's becoming more of an anchor, even though it's cheaper.

You could always just try Google Fi and see. You can pick up their SIMs at most Best Buys now for $10. Any phone that supports GSM will work with it.