Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 70

Thread: 2019-2020 List of universal, unlocked phones for AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Official correct set of LTE bands for the unlocked Galaxy A10e, Galaxy A20, and Galaxy A50 models:

    **Samsung Galaxy A10e (Model SM-A102UZKAXAA) - LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66, 71
    https://image-us.samsung.com/Samsung...al-8-16-19.pdf

    **Samsung Galaxy A20 (Model SM-A205UZKAXAA) - LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 25, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66, 71 (lacks AT&T bands 14, 29, 30)
    https://image-us.samsung.com/Samsung...al-8-16-19.pdf

    **Samsung Galaxy A50 (Model SM-A505UZKNXAA) - LTE Bands 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 25, 26, 28, 41, 66, 71 (lacks AT&T bands 14, 29, 30)
    https://image-us.samsung.com/Samsung...al-8-16-19.pdf

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    10/15/19 updates:

    **Motorola One Action (Model XT2013-4) - LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26, 38, 41, 66 (lacks AT&T bands 14, 29 and 30 and T-Mobile band 71)
    To be released on 10/31/19

    **Google Pixel 4 (Model G020I), Pixel 4 XL (Model G020J) - LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 48, 66, 71
    To be released on 10/24/19

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    10/30/19 update: If Samsung Galaxy Fold is too rich for you, here's the LG G8X ThinQ with 2 screens for almost 2/3 less money, to be released on 11/1/19.

    **LG G8X ThinQ (Model LMG850QM7X) - LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 48, 66, 71

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    [QUOTE=user1name;17094324]This is the up-to-date list of universal U.S. smartphone models ...

    I can't thank you enough for your post.
    I stuck these into an Excel spreadsheet, added entries for the bands on local towers, and crossed the two to get a sub-list of phones that will hopefully get me the best coverage for local use.

    I'm hoping to cross the results against Swappa or any deals that come up, to help get the most bang for our limited buck. I had another used phone resource (aside from eBay), but haven't found the website again... curse you computer.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,050
    Feedback Score
    0

    2019-2020 List Of Universal, Unlocked Phones For AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint

    User1name,

    Are you going to keep this thread here? Or, are you considering a 2020-2021 list of universal, unlocked phones for AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint?

    At any rate, would you give some consideration to adding the Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro to your list? At $499, with a removable battery, rugged build and ability to use PTT, I would give it some consideration. I do wish it would have dual physical SIMs, like the European version, though.

    https://www.samsung.com/us/business/...xy-xcover-pro/


    https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/news.php?p=6178

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0

    2019-2020 List of universal, unlocked phones for AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    User1name,

    Are you going to keep this thread here? Or, are you considering a 2020-2021 list of universal, unlocked phones for AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint?

    At any rate, would you give some consideration to adding the Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro to your list? At $499, with a removable battery, rugged build and ability to use PTT, I would give it some consideration. I do wish it would have dual physical SIMs, like the European version, though.

    https://www.samsung.com/us/business/...xy-xcover-pro/


    https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/news.php?p=6178
    I'm going to keep adding updates to this list here until the next iPhone is announced/released, which usually happens around September, at which time I will create a new list.

    As for the Samsung Xcover Pro, it looks like it will be a Verizon exclusive in the US. I'm not sure if Samsung will release an unlocked version that's compatible with all four US carriers.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    2,150
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would appreciate you sharing that spreed sheet here. - Thanks

    [QUOTE=mvisconte;17112169]
    Quote Originally Posted by user1name View Post
    This is the up-to-date list of universal U.S. smartphone models ...

    I can't thank you enough for your post.
    I stuck these into an Excel spreadsheet, added entries for the bands on local towers, and crossed the two to get a sub-list of phones that will hopefully get me the best coverage for local use.

    I'm hoping to cross the results against Swappa or any deals that come up, to help get the most bang for our limited buck. I had another used phone resource (aside from eBay), but haven't found the website again... curse you computer.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    995
    Feedback Score
    0

    Stylo 5

    Is this saying the Stylo 5 contains all the bands?
    Quote Originally Posted by user1name View Post
    New models released in 2019 (so far):

    Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max

    Google Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL
    Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL (coming soon in October 2019)

    LG G7 fit
    LG G8 ThinQ
    LG Stylo 5

    Moto E6
    Moto G7, Moto G7 Play, Moto G7 Power
    Moto Z4

    Samsung Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+
    Samsung Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10+

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,851
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by july11 View Post
    Is this saying the Stylo 5 contains all the bands?
    It may be missing at least LTE Band 71, depending on what spec list you check.

    Hopefully someone will reply back with a definitive answer!

    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...one.html/specs
    https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=6036
    https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_stylo_5-9758.php
    https://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-Stylo-5_id11198

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,269
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It may be missing at least LTE Band 71, depending on what spec list you check. Hopefully someone will reply back with a definitive answer! https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...one.html/specs https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=6036 https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_stylo_5-9758.php https://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-Stylo-5_id11198
    says here that the T mobile version will have band 71 - https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...d_71_included/

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,050
    Feedback Score
    0

    2019-2020 List of universal, unlocked phones for AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon & Sprint

    Would the Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro 64GB (Unlocked) SM-G715UZKDXAA qualify to be on this list?



    https://www.samsung.com/us/business/...m-g715uzkdxaa/

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,851
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Would the Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro 64GB (Unlocked) SM-G715UZKDXAA qualify to be on this list?



    https://www.samsung.com/us/business/...m-g715uzkdxaa/
    I don't think so, but I don't see LTE bands listed at the link you provided.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by july11 View Post
    Is this saying the Stylo 5 contains all the bands?
    When I was researching the bands for the LG Stylo 5 some time ago, this is what I found on a PDF specs sheets from LG's website for the unlocked model: LTE Bands 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 20, 25, 26, 41, 66, 71. However, LG has reorganized their website since then and I can no longer locate that PDF file.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Would the Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro 64GB (Unlocked) SM-G715UZKDXAA qualify to be on this list?

    https://www.samsung.com/us/business/...m-g715uzkdxaa/
    It's not a universal unlocked model but a GSM-only model, based on listings at Samsung's authorized retailers such as these:

    https://www.shi.com/products/product...9-e135f1ea2188
    https://www.zones.com/site/product/i...duct_tech_spec

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    208
    Feedback Score
    0
    Some updates:

    **Samsung Galaxy S20 5G (Model SM-G981U), Galaxy S20+ 5G (Model SM-G986U), Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (Model SM-G988U) - LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 48, 66, 71

    Note: As of March 6, 2020 when these phones are released, the above Galaxy S20 5G does not support mmWave 5G and is not compatible with Verizon's 5G network. Samsung said they will release a Verizon-exclusive Galaxy S20 5G at a later date in the year. The more expensive and larger Galaxy S20+ 5G and Galaxy Ultra 5G are compatible with Verizon's 5G network.

    **Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite (Model SM-G770U) - LTE bands most likely to be the same as the Galaxy S10/S20 series; to be released on 4/17/20.

    **Motorola Moto G Power (Model XT2041-4, aka PAH30004US), Moto G Stylus (Model XT2043-4, aka PAH10005US) - LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66, 71; released on 4/16/20.

    **Apple iPhone SE (2nd gen) (Model A2275) - LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 29, 30, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46, 48, 66, 71; to be released on 4/24/20 (can be pre-order on 4/17/20).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 101
    Last Post: 09-07-2019, 10:58 AM
  2. Complete list of SE 3G Phones for AT&T
    By kits in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 09:22 AM
  3. Help! Trying to Buy an unlocked phone for AT&T Pay As You Go and how?
    By graveboss in forum AT&T Prepaid (formerly GoPhone)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 11:28 PM
  4. How do unlock phones for AT&T work?
    By GrassNinja in forum AT&T
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 05:32 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 02:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks