Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70

Thread: New iPhones Support CBRS

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    757
    Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    New iPhones Support CBRS

    https://www.apple.com/iphone-11-pro/specs/
    https://www.apple.com/iphone-11/specs/

    Band 48 is included in all iPhone 11 models! This will benefit all Verizon customers when power user iPhone traffic is shifted to CBRS, freeing up the traditional lower bands.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,113
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    https://www.apple.com/iphone-11-pro/specs/
    https://www.apple.com/iphone-11/specs/

    Band 48 is included in all iPhone 11 models! This will benefit all Verizon customers when power user iPhone traffic is shifted to CBRS, freeing up the traditional lower bands.
    Verizon is starting to deploy CBRS on a large scale. What we know is there will be 80 MHZ of spectrum for the GAA portion ( which everyone can access). So the question will be how often can VZ tap into that full 80 MHz for carrier aggregation ? Will there be times that none will be available? Also there are power limitations for this portion of the band. It will have approximately 4 times the range of WIFi. The licensed portion that will be auctioned off next year will have far more range.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,385
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Verizon is starting to deploy CBRS on a large scale.
    I'd like to see a deployment map. Verizon can't actually launch service using this until a few weeks form now when the FCC gives the final OK.

    What we know is there will be 80 MHZ of spectrum for the GAA portion ( which everyone can access). So the question will be how often can VZ tap into that full 80 MHz for carrier aggregation ? Will there be times that none will be available? Also there are power limitations for this portion of the band. It will have approximately 4 times the range of WIFi. The licensed portion that will be auctioned off next year will have far more range.
    Something is better than nothing. Even if it's 10 MH or 20 MHz it will help. In more rural areas they can probably use more. In more densely populated areas I'm not sure how much they'll have available to use. Hopefully in the auction Verizon gets the max 40 MHz companies are allowed to buy. If T-Mobile/Sprint actually ever gets approved I doubt T-Mobile will be very active in this auction. Just got to worry about notorious spectrum hoarder Dish bidding on this.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,113
    Feedback Score
    0

    New iPhones Support CBRS

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    I'd like to see a deployment map. Verizon can't actually launch service using this until a few weeks form now when the FCC gives the final OK.



    Something is better than nothing. Even if it's 10 MH or 20 MHz it will help. In more rural areas they can probably use more. In more densely populated areas I'm not sure how much they'll have available to use. Hopefully in the auction Verizon gets the max 40 MHz companies are allowed to buy. If T-Mobile/Sprint actually ever gets approved I doubt T-Mobile will be very active in this auction. Just got to worry about notorious spectrum hoarder Dish bidding on this.
    Verizon has stated they are deploying CBRS on a large scale. If you look at reddit they’re deploying CBRS RRHS on some macro sites in parts of the NYC metro. Steel in the air has also confirmed VZ is actively deploying CBRS. Perhaps if you ask for a map they’ll give you more info. Should be launching right around sept 18th.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,068
    Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Verizon has stated they are deploying CBRS on a large scale. If you look at reddit they’re deploying CBRS RRHS on some macro sites in parts of the NYC metro. Steel in the air has also confirmed VZ is actively deploying CBRS. Perhaps if you ask for a map they’ll give you more info. Should be launching right around sept 18th.
    Large scale in NYC or nationwide? They still haven't activated LAA yet. Where did you get the Sept 18 date from?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,385
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Verizon has stated they are deploying CBRS on a large scale. If you look at reddit they’re deploying CBRS RRHS on some macro sites in parts of the NYC metro. Steel in the air has also confirmed VZ is actively deploying CBRS. Perhaps if you ask for a map they’ll give you more info. Should be launching right around sept 18th.
    Well of course NYC is going to get everything first. I was referring to more to a nationwide launch. Or is it going to be like LTE and 5G and some places get it 3 years from now?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,092
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Large scale in NYC or nationwide? They still haven't activated LAA yet. Where did you get the Sept 18 date from?
    It is possible that Verizon has been holding off on deploying LAA in many areas for CBRS. Initially, 3.5 GHz should have about 4 times the range of LAA which would make a large scale investment more practical. Very few areas here have LAA.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,113
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Large scale in NYC or nationwide? They still haven't activated LAA yet. Where did you get the Sept 18 date from?
    LAA is active right across the river in Jersey City NJ. https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...ersey_city_nj/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,113
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Large scale in NYC or nationwide? They still haven't activated LAA yet. Where did you get the Sept 18 date from?
    https://www.rcrwireless.com/20190910...ial-deployment

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,385
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    LAA is active right across the river in Jersey City NJ. https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...ersey_city_nj/
    They also claim CBRS is also active which it isn't. If so Verizon is violating the law.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,113
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    They also claim CBRS is also active which it isn't. If so Verizon is violating the law.
    No they haven’t claimed it’s active at all. They’re deploying CBRS on cell sites ahead of time so once the FCC gives the green light they will activate it

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,113
    Feedback Score
    0
    https://youtu.be/HFSkgJw6siM



    Here’s an in depth video explaining Verizon’s plans going forward with 5G, CBRS and fiber buildouts
    Last edited by frail; 09-14-2019 at 02:16 PM. Reason: embedded video for you

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,113
    Feedback Score
    0

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,113
    Feedback Score
    0
    But the fact that Verizon is already deploying CBRS antennas into its network, and is already selling several CBRS-capable phones including the Pixel 3 and the Samsung Galaxy S10, shows that Verizon is keen to put the band to commercial use much more quickly than expected.

    Already, according to some new Verizon cell tower applications, the operator is now specifically noting support for the 3.5GHz band:

    In response to questions from Light Reading, a Verizon spokesperson said that "while we wait for the FCC to complete their testing and authorization work, we have not been sitting still," and added that Verizon is working with its handset manufacturers to add CBRS capabilities into its devices. "When the FCC gives final approval we will be ready to make that service available to our customers," the spokesperson said

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,385
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    But the fact that Verizon is already deploying CBRS antennas into its network, and is already selling several CBRS-capable phones including the Pixel 3 and the Samsung Galaxy S10, shows that Verizon is keen to put the band to commercial use much more quickly than expected.
    The Pixel 3 spec sheet does not mention band 48 though supposedly it can be activated in software update but that was mentioned 8 months ago and as far as I know it hasn't bene done yet. Until it actually happens call me skeptical. Also the S10 does not have band 48 support, the Note 10 does though. The LG V50 and G8 have band 48 support.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Will Telus support eSIM on the new iPhone models?
    By GoingDark in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-28-2018, 07:51 PM
  2. new iphones...no 600 support
    By obeythelaw in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-12-2018, 09:51 PM
  3. New iPhone 5 or iPad 2 to support 1700 Mhz AWS??
    By hohohong in forum Freedom Mobile (previously Wind Mobile)
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 10:27 AM
  4. New iPhone 4 Supports UMTS!
    By dc2000 in forum Freedom Mobile (previously Wind Mobile)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 09:26 AM
  5. Does The New Iphone Support Mobile Tv?
    By tiltman76 in forum Apple
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 07:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks