Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: New iPhones Support CBRS

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    A cell that has only 4 times the radius of WiFi (I assume 2miles/3km) cannot be economically deployed to cover the middle of nowhere.
    That radius covers approx 10sq miles. CONUS has 3.8 million sq miles.
    That would mean approx 380,000 cells, all with fiber optic (wireless back-haul will suck) and power connection to them.
    IMO this just wishful thinking.

It will be used for diversification where existing bands are congested already, and inside the buildings, that's where investment will make sense.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

New iPhones Support CBRS

Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    A cell that has only 4 times the radius of WiFi (I assume 2miles/3km) cannot be economically deployed to cover the middle of nowhere.
    That would mean approx 380,000 cells, all with fiber optic (wireless back-haul will suck) and power connection to them.

It will be used for diversification where existing bands are congested already, and inside the buildings, that's where investment will make sense.
    I believe the deployments will be similar to LAA, just with better propagation. I’ve seen LAA push out to about 100 yards , so expect CBRS to go 300-400 yards.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Ok so in that case Verizon needs nationwide 40 MHz of CBRS in the PAL. and will still be able to use the 80 MHz of GAA.
    Hopefully T-Mobile actually ends up with sprint then they probably won't participate. But looks like Charter and even Amazon are thinking about participating and of course well known spectrum hoarder Dish.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

There have been tests of CBRS reaching as far as 8 miles line of site and 4 miles non LOS.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    line of site
    Line of sight.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    I believe the deployments will be similar to LAA, just with better propagation. I’ve seen LAA push out to about 100 yards , so expect CBRS to go 300-400 yards.
    That's with the unlicensed power.
    I assumed the 2 mile with the licensed power level. Anyway IMO is ridiculous to hope that carriers will hurry up and deploy CBRS in the boonies just to... do what?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

New iPhones Support CBRS

That's with the unlicensed power.
    I assumed the 2 mile with the licensed power level. Anyway IMO is ridiculous to hope that carriers will hurry up and deploy CBRS in the boonies just to... do what?
    Well I look at it this way . It would be wise to deploy CBRS RRHS in rural areas because the auction is less than a year away. Then once it’s finished the deployments are already completed.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

New iPhones Support CBRS

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Hopefully T-Mobile actually ends up with sprint then they probably won't participate. But looks like Charter and even Amazon are thinking about participating and of course well known spectrum hoarder Dish.
    Yes if T-Mobile merges with Sprint they will have plenty of capacity. I could see At&T and VZ getting into a bidding war. That licensed portion will work for the macro networks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4