Thread: Anyone else using the new Netcomm IFWA-40 Wireless Home Phone and Internet device?

Feedback Score

Anyone else using the new Netcomm IFWA-40 Wireless Home Phone and Internet device?

I upgraded my ZTE MF279 to the new Netcomm unit Monday and all seemed well until today. That's when I noticed all my cordless phones are fast by 4 hours (Eastern Time Zone). They set their time by the time in the Caller ID code, so I checked the IFWA-40's system time and it's correct. By default it is set to pull the time from the cell towers. I tried changing it to NTP and then setting the time zone to Eastern. It updated the time, but my phones are still 4 hours fast.

I hooked my ZTE279 back up and called my number and the cordless phones set the time to the correct time, so it's an issue with the IFWA-40. I contacted AT&T customer service, but about the only thing they came up with was swapping the unit for another one.

I think it may be a firmware bug. Is anyone else who is using this device having any issues with phones that set the time automatically from the caller ID?

Feedback Score
    the automatic time set is for accurate logging of calls, messages, data usage statistics and parental control. - https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/dev...-UserGuide.pdf i suppose you could just leave it to manual set time.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I've tried that, along with using NTP. It changes the system (IFWA-40) time used for logs but still passes incorrect time information on the caller ID signal.

For instance I enabled NTP for the system clock instead of over the cellular network. It was still off by 4 hours. So I set the time zone for Alaska which is 4 hours behind me from the eastern time zone. Basically trying to offset the 4 hours ahead by selecting a time zone 4 hours behind. Didn't work. The system time was 4 hours behind eastern, but caller ID still passed along a time 4 hours ahead of eastern. So 8 hours ahead of the system time.

When the system time is correct it's sending a caller ID time 4 hours ahead of it.

Feedback Score
    I received a reply to my problem from Netcomm support.

They said "This is a known bug currently with the IFWA-40. We are working on a solution to resolve this issue."

So for anyone else who runs across it, standby. I think I will call AT&T support and let them know tomorrow. Kudos to Netcomm for replying instead of pointing the finger at AT&T.

My firmware version is ATT_1.0.1.16. Apparently firmware updates have to be "pushed" to you because I haven't seen anywhere where you can check for firmware updates.

Feedback Score
    Are you still liking the NetComm IFWA-40?

Any other issues with it?

Did you previously have a Z700, and if so, how much of an improvement is it over that model?

Feedback Score
    It’s getting higher download speed compared to my iphone xs. 50 VS 5 megabytes ps.

Feedback Score
    Can someone please tell me the output voltage of the IFWA-40 power supply?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelk View Post
    Can someone please tell me the output voltage of the IFWA-40 power supply?
    here's the pdf close up of the power adapter - https://fccid.io/XIA-IFWA40/External...os-4238065.pdf page 6 & 7

Feedback Score
    Thank you!!!!!