Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: At&t Prepaid Refills (Expiration date)

Feedback Score

At&t Prepaid Refills (Expiration date)

Does anyone really know if At&t refill cards expire if they're not loaded to an account?? Like how long can I let a $45.00 refill card lay around before applying it to my account??

Feedback Score
    i've heard some say they don't expire and others say 30 days from date of purchase - https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-2...e/td-p/1751492

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    i've heard some say they don't expire and others say 30 days from date of purchase - https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-2...e/td-p/1751492
    I hope it's "don't expire" cuz I just purchased $250.00 in refill cards. It's strange that nobody knows for sure how these refill cards work.
    Last edited by Fishx65; 09-13-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Feedback Score
    I had the same question and I called AT&T and asked the rep about this. He said the cards are good for 3 years from the date the codes are generated by the computer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Teletubbie View Post
    I had the same question and I called AT&T and asked the rep about this. He said the cards are good for 3 years from the date the codes are generated by the computer.
    Thanks. Hope he was a good knowledgeable At&t Rep.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Thanks. Hope he was a good knowledgeable At&t Rep.
    I gave him my pin number for a new target e-card, and he entered it and verified the expiry date which was 3 years away. Hope he is right.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Teletubbie View Post
    Did he say how we can tell when the code for a given card was generated?
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Feedback Score
    He said there is no way to verify the code generated date from our end. He suggested we can always call and give them the pin number and they can verify the expiry date. Does not seem like an efficient method.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6 / S9+
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Can someone explain WHY someone would want to wait so long to use the card?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    Can someone explain WHY someone would want to wait so long to use the card?
    I always like to stock up when I find refills at 25% off. Cricket allowed me to add as much as I wanted to my account and it wouldn't expire. This expiration date thing is new and kinda irritating to me.

Feedback Score
    I'm use to just buying specific "plan" cards for an MVNO and applying them when due. I see ATT and Vzw's prepaid phone cards are in denominations and not for a specific plans.
    1. Do you load these $ cards to your account and then when needed, apply the funds to a specific plan or add-on ?
    2. If yes to #1, If you have sufficient funds loaded, will auto pay draw from the funds are must it be a CC ?
    3. With the expiration discussed in this thread to "load" the card to you account, is the 90 day expiration I see on the cards how long you then have to apply it to a plan or add-on after loading to your account ?

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    When you load a card to your account it adds to your balance. The balance is used before any credit card is charged, but if you have a card on file with auto pay turned on you still get the discount.

I personally don’t load huge amounts into my balance because I want the ability to switch to another carrier on a whim and you’d lose your balance - at least if you kept the cards and loaded them when needed you could, in theory, sell them if you switched.

The exportation talked about if for your balance itself. So if you have $0 balance and load a card with 90 day expiration then once loaded into your account it is good for 90 days. Ideally you wouldn’t buy cards valued at more than 3x your monthly charge and this really is a non issue.

If you did the above, and started with $0 balance before applying 2 cards to your account (each with 90 day expiration), the resulting balance would be good for 180 days because each card extends the balance expiration by the time on the card (including any existing balance).

No one seems to be able to confirm how long the card is good for if you do not apply it to your account, but I have at least 6 months or so old cards that apply to my account fine.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6 / S9+
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Are any of these cards good for $5/mth or more in savings with a prepaid plan like Walmart's that already has you down to $40 with autopay? Doesn't really seem worth the bother otherwise.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Target often has buy 1 get 2nd for 10-20% off and you can use a target RedCard (Debit or Credit) for another 5% off the whole purchase. It shows up roughly monthly as a special for a week or so. That gets you between $4-$8 a month savings depending on what promo target runs.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6 / S9+
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    So the 10-20% is effectively 5-10% for BOGO or 2-$4 on a $40 plan. Time to spring for that 6 pack of Bud.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast