Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UPS Won't Register GV# for Notifications

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score

UPS Won't Register GV# for Notifications

Has anyone run into this and been able to register it manually through UPS CS?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    I am set up for UPS email notifications. I never tried setting up text notifications. I'll give it a try and report back.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I previously had no phone # in my UPS account.

I added my phone # to my My Choice profile to receive tracking updates, but did not receive any kind of verification as the website indicated would happen.

Did you receive any kind of error message?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    At the bottom of the page for adding my phone #, it had "For support, text HELP to 69877 (MYUPS) or visit SMS Help . To opt out at any time, text STOP to 69877 (MYUPS)."

I texted HELP to 69877, and DID receive a reply. So UPS WILL send messages to a GV #.

But will UPS send delivery updates to my GV? I guess I'll find out when it's time for my next delivery.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    I don't get the verification using my GV number so I entered the phone's sim number and received it right away. I hate using the phones own number for anything to avoid being put in a database that ends up with me receiving robocalls.

In order to make an additional change to My Choice I had to delete the unverified GV number also as when trying to change something else it says 'you have an unfinished update' or something along that line.

I know at one point Uber wouldn't take GV numbers but their CS would verify them manually. UPS is too screwed up for that I'm betting but figured I'd ask.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't get the verification using my GV number so I entered the phone's sim number and received it right away. I hate using the phones own number for anything to avoid being put in a database that ends up with me receiving robocalls.

In order to make an additional change to My Choice I had to delete the unverified GV number also as when trying to change something else it says 'you have an unfinished update' or something along that line.

I know at one point Uber wouldn't take GV numbers but their CS would verify them manually. UPS is too screwed up for that I'm betting but figured I'd ask.
    You can verify your Uber account with Google Voice, but you won't be able to book a ride with it. It's stupid that this can happen.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by batcave View Post
    You can verify your Uber account with Google Voice, but you won't be able to book a ride with it. It's stupid that this can happen.
    I was able to get Uber support to manually add my GV # to their system, and I've successfully used Uber off and on with my GV # since March, 2017, most recently in August, 2019.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I was able to get Uber support to manually add my GV # to their system, and I've successfully used Uber off and on with my GV # since March, 2017, most recently in August, 2019.
    Same here though I haven't used it in awhile I can book rides from my phone.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    I thought you might like this Boz1.

Wednesday UPS accepts my request to change delivery to an Access Point location on the 12th, a UPS Store a mile away. It was a signature required package that UPS would end up leaving a sticker saying missed delivery and driving away. Friday the package is at my local UPS depot (which is not in a great location or I would have asked to have it held there). I get an email Friday saying the package will be delivered on Saturday the 14th.

Saturday comes and goes the UPS Store closes at 2pm no UPS delivery. My Choice has shown Saturday as the delivery by end of day since early am. Nothing.

Today MyChoice says I have no packages in route and the tracking shows a Tuesday delivery date.

Ends up that changing to an Access Point location adds at least a day to the delivery time frame (the UPS mainframes must be from the 1960's) so Monday the package will sit at the depot while someone attaches a new label I guess AND though nothing states it there is no delivery to any Access Point locations (CVS is another) on Saturday.

With Fedex I can change the delivery to a Walgreens for pickup any time before the package is on the truck and they drop off on Saturdays there for pickup.

UPS is the absolute worst at least from my experience. I would much rather have USPS shipping than UPS though I'm sure there are USPS horror stories.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Wow! That's bad.

But you're right, UPS has become worse than it once was. I did email UPS about using my GV # for My Choice delivery alerts. I got an email back that said it is a landline. Of course, I pointed out that I texted HELP to 69877 from my GV #, and DID receive a reply from UPS. I haven't gotten a response back about that yet.

Regarding Fed Ex, I moved to a new address in a relatively small town, and Fed Ex decided to deliver the package to my old address, even though the label had ONLY my new address on it with no mention of my old address.

Last year USPS took a week to deliver an Amazon package to my parents' house claiming that the driver couldn't find it after every delivery date came and went, even though their house had been there for 15 years. It turned out to be a substitute driver that just didn't care.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Wow! That's bad.

But you're right, UPS has become worse than it once was. I did email UPS about using my GV # for My Choice delivery alerts. I got an email back that said it is a landline. Of course, I pointed out that I texted HELP to 69877 from my GV #, and DID receive a reply from UPS. I haven't gotten a response back about that yet.

Regarding Fed Ex, I moved to a new address in a relatively small town, and Fed Ex decided to deliver the package to my old address, even though the label had ONLY my new address on it with no mention of my old address.

Last year USPS took a week to deliver an Amazon package to my parents' house claiming that the driver couldn't find it after every delivery date came and went, even though their house had been there for 15 years. It turned out to be a substitute driver that just didn't care.
    Vacation coverage for mail carriers can be a nightmare for people expecting mail but for me the nice thing about USPS is if its signature required and I miss them the post office is a block away so I go the next morning. They've lost one package on me coming from ebay but found it - somehow they had put it into an old PO Box I used to have.

Feedback Score
    I did get UPS notifications on my GV#. It's been a while though, last January was the last time. I don't recall having any trouble setting it up, no CS needed.

I use GV regularly for USPS notifications, and also for FedEx occasionally.
    Sent from my SM-T713 using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by leeonine; 09-17-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I have a UPS delivery coming tomorrow. I got my usual email notification AND I got a text notification, so I guess UPS text notifications to a GV # DO work!

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leeonine View Post
    I did get UPS notifications on my GV#. It's been a while though, last January was the last time. I don't recall having any trouble setting it up, no CS needed.

I use GV regularly for USPS notifications, and also for FedEx occasionally.

Sent from my SM-T713 using HoFo mobile app
    I think the issue is within MyChoice set up only and that they'll send notifications to the phone number on the account but I couldn't verify in the MyChoice preferences.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Is this easy to accomplish? How did you convince them?

I actually no longer have a US mobile account anymore. Although I do have a foreign one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast