Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Tello - Credit Expiration

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    In my case I do not need the number, but I wanted to release my IMEI. I used ESN of non-existing old 2G Sprint phone (it was recycled few years ago) and replaced my current phone IMEI by this dummy ESN. Now my phone/IMEI released and can be used with any of SPrint MVNOs.

P.S. Before you recycling Sprint phone, write down IMEI/ESN and SIM card number (ICCID). You may need it as placeholder in cases like this.
    Is that step really necessary, to replace the current phone IMEI with a dummy ESN before close the account?

I have NEVER done this, but all my Sprint phones worked fine when I moved between these carriers:
    Ringlus, Ting, Tello, and Sprint, and then back to Tello without any issues.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echip View Post
    Is that step really necessary, to replace the current phone IMEI with a dummy ESN before close the account?

I have NEVER done this, but all my Sprint phones worked fine when I moved between these carriers:
    Unfortunately, yes, if Red Pocket is the receiving provider. I wish RP could figure it out like some other Sprint MVNOs have, but no such luck so far.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echip View Post

You've been fortunate that you've always moved between MVNOs that have access to the capability of moving an active phone. Not all do. (RingPlus did not have it during most of their run, and it was only in the beta stage even when RingPlus ended. Fortunately, it's the receiving provider's capability that is needed, and Ting definitely can do it.)

This is either an extra-cost option for a Sprint MVNO, or it's contracturally excluded for some reason, or the smaller providers don't have trained techs to handle it.

Boz1 is right about Red Pocket-- they cannot.

Feedback Score
    I don't think it's been mentioned, but my sister tells me Tello PAYGO Auto TopUp minimum is now $20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cobo View Post
    I don't think it's been mentioned, but my sister tells me Tello PAYGO Auto TopUp minimum is now $20.
    $10 is still an option in the drop down in my web control panel.
    Last edited by comintel; 11-16-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Feedback Score
    Found out she doesn't have the Auto Top Up option probably because she doesn't have any credit card info entered into her account info. Neither do I.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    $10 is still an option in the drop down in my web control panel.
    The web site dashboard shows a minimum $20 refill. How do you get to the web control panel?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rongos View Post
    The web site dashboard shows a minimum $20 refill. How do you get to the web control panel?
    It is now:

My Settings / Auto Recharge / Modify
    Last edited by comintel; 11-26-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Feedback Score
    I see it now, thank you.

Hope this sticks around. If you decide to edit, I would understand.

Feedback Score
    Redpocket's 200/200/200 per month for $30 /year plan on eBay may be a better value for low usage subscribers than tello paygo on the Sprint network.

Feedback Score
    I did my monthly check yesterday and today (12/2 &12/3). Today there was a notice in the account web page (not the app) that "Your plan has been cancelled". That was not there yesterday.

I never had a "plan" for my two phones, only paygo deposit. The account web page and app still show the paygo balance and I was able to make a phone call. I have not received email from Tello about anything.

So paygo deposits older than 90 days are still working as of today, but they may be getting ready to end that as they announced in the 9/1/19 TOS change.

I won't be dropping a $20 deposit on my account since I don't know what they are going to do.

Changing to the $5 a month plan may be worthwhile to some people. It's not worth $60 a year to me for my minimal use. At $60 a year I have other options that use Verizon and AT&T with much better coverage than Sprint.

It was a great deal for me, but probably not for them, while it lasted.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I saw the same "Your plan has been cancelled" message today on the Tello line I set up for my daughter.

Since she only uses that phone/line when she visits from Canada, and only a few people have that phone #, I decided to do a chat to get a refund of the remaining $8.86 credit balance, and ask for the phone to be released so I can activate it with a new # on the Red Pocket $30/360 days 200/1000/200 plan that I got for $25.85 (with a coupon) (+ tax) back in October.

I could have done the IMEI dance so RP could use the same phone to port in the phone #, but I decided it wasn't worth the trouble since her # is so lightly used.

Anyway, Tello Chat processed the refund, but claimed I have to call to get the phone released for use on another MVNO!

Porting from Ting to Tello paygo ended up being a huge mistake after Ting ended up with the # after FreedomPop sold Ting their Sprint customers!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post

Changing to the $5 a month plan may be worthwhile to some people. It's not worth $60 a year to me for my minimal use. At $60 a year I have other options that use Verizon and AT&T with much better coverage than Sprint.

Couldn't you just put the $5 plan on for a few weeks once a quarter, then take switch it to Paygo for the rest of the quarter.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I’m riding it off into the sunset so will post here when my phone quits working
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325 but still using a bag phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunterm View Post
    I’m riding it off into the sunset so will post here when my phone quits working
    I, too have a couple lines that will be riding it out as-is.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast