Thread: Really disappointed in ATT Customer Service and Service and Payment Processor CSR

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Really disappointed in ATT Customer Service and Service and Payment Processor CSR

I'm not sure about their terms, but I was really disappointed in their customer service, especially the service of their payment processor.

I signed up for service with the Walmart plan after coming from VZW Prepaid while allowing an overlap. Their service in my apartment was unacceptable. So I decided to stick with Verizon. After being told there was no guarantee I decided I could just let a month lapse and I would eat the $40 + tax. Of course (which I know is my fault) I forgot that I had autopay. So it charged on the Sep 9th and I noticed the credit card charge on the 12th. My ATT sim phone has been off because I dont use it so I did not notice any texts. I called the 800 number on my credit card stmt for the charge and it was a 3rd party pmt processing company. I was surprised ATT does not handle this on their own given their size. Anyway , seemed like a pretty small operation. The lady refused to give credit and said we dont refund prepaid, I asked for a supervisor and she said I am the supervisor. I then called ATT and customer service said they do not have the ability to do anything , that I have to call the processing center. Called again, got the same lady and same story. SHe transferred me back to ATT, the ATT reps kept my on the phone a while kept putting me on hold and came back and did nothing, transferred me back to the processing center who did nothing.

I realize their terms and conditions but as a customer this pissed me off and a lot of time wasted. I do not think T-Mobile, Sprint or Verizon would have handled it the same way. I was thinking of switching from Comcast to ATT but F that after this experience

Feedback Score
    I've always had good luck with At&t's customer service but I've never tried getting any kind of prepaid plan refund. I've never done it but I thought there's a way to have a credit card charge reversed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    I'm not sure about their terms, but I was really disappointed in their customer service, especially the service of their payment processor. I signed up for service with the Walmart plan after coming from VZW Prepaid while allowing an overlap. Their service in my apartment was unacceptable. So I decided to stick with Verizon. After being told there was no guarantee I decided I could just let a month lapse and I would eat the $40 + tax. Of course (which I know is my fault) I forgot that I had autopay. So it charged on the Sep 9th and I noticed the credit card charge on the 12th. My ATT sim phone has been off because I dont use it so I did not notice any texts. I called the 800 number on my credit card stmt for the charge and it was a 3rd party pmt processing company. I was surprised ATT does not handle this on their own given their size. Anyway , seemed like a pretty small operation. The lady refused to give credit and said we dont refund prepaid, I asked for a supervisor and she said I am the supervisor. I then called ATT and customer service said they do not have the ability to do anything , that I have to call the processing center. Called again, got the same lady and same story. SHe transferred me back to ATT, the ATT reps kept my on the phone a while kept putting me on hold and came back and did nothing, transferred me back to the processing center who did nothing. I realize their terms and conditions but as a customer this pissed me off and a lot of time wasted. I do not think T-Mobile, Sprint or Verizon would have handled it the same way. I was thinking of switching from Comcast to ATT but F that after this experience
    stop in to your nearest AT&T store and explain your situation - https://forums.att.com/t5/More-AT-T-...d/td-p/5456858 did you cancel before the 30 day billing period ??

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I've always had good luck with At&t's customer service but I've never tried getting any kind of prepaid plan refund. I've never done it but I thought there's a way to have a credit card charge reversed.
    I initiated a dispute with AMEX though technically according to their t&c , prepaid is non refundable

Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    stop in to your nearest AT&T store and explain your situation - https://forums.att.com/t5/More-AT-T-...d/td-p/5456858 did you cancel before the 30 day billing period ??
    By planned renewed on the 10th, I noticed the charge on the 12th and that was the day I called to complain and try to get it reversed. The person in the link you posted had a stronger case. Plus he initiated service in store, where I did online.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I’d start with the CC company and dispute the charge. If that fails log a BBB complaint and usually that will get some attention. If not, file an FCC complaint. Persistence will pay off.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Sadly, there is nothing that At&t postpaid customer service can do to resolve prepaid billing disputes. The OP has to deal with the prepaid customer support team instead.

I am not discouraging the OP from filing complaints with the BBB but I don't think that complaining to a government agency or a credit card customer service rep will resolve anything.

I am certain that the prepaid service clearly identified their billing policies when the OP signed up and those policies were written by their overpaid lawyers to avoid At&t's liability in situations like this.

I am not trying to justify anything, just trying to offer the reality of the likely results.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Sometimes you just have to eat a lessons learned. I let my Southwest rewards expire humans lost almost $1000 in flight credit due to inactivity. I can't blame SW for that. It's their terms and I didn't follow up. You should have canceled the minute you knew it wasn't for you.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Really disappointed in ATT Customer Service and Service and Payment Processor CSR

Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Sadly, there is nothing that At&t postpaid customer service can do to resolve prepaid billing disputes. The OP has to deal with the prepaid customer support team instead.

I am not discouraging the OP from filing complaints with the BBB but I don't think that complaining to a government agency or a credit card customer service rep will resolve anything.

I am certain that the prepaid service clearly identified their billing policies when the OP signed up and those policies were written by their overpaid lawyers to avoid At&t's liability in situations like this.

I am not trying to justify anything, just trying to offer the reality of the likely results.
    I don’t disagree. OP is likely out $40 per the Ts & Cs. Poor CS means you are free to find a new service provider. Too bad CS wouldn’t do a good faith gesture to just refund the money. I stand corrected an FCC complaint is probably too harsh.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    I don’t disagree. OP is likely out $40 per the Ts & Cs. Poor CS means you are free to find a new service provider. Too bad CS wouldn’t do a good faith gesture to just refund the money. I stand corrected an FCC complaint is probably too harsh.
    Harsh for what ? U think a FCC complaint is gonna shut down at&t.. well to get their attention you need to do the complaint since regular CS isn't helping u

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    There is nothing that postpaid CS can do in this matter. They operate as two separate entities that are owned by the same corporation and the process for the OP to get resolution requires assistance from the appropriate group. Prepaid and postpaid are not the same thing and operate independently.

The OP should pursue a BBB complaint. This is the OP's best option in this case. This is not an issue that the FCC would get involved in unless there was a large amount of consumers were having the same or similar issues. In this case, the OP even admits their own mistakes.