Thread: Google voice sms down?

Feedback Score

Google voice sms down?

Can't send texts, both on my phone and tablet.. Every message says failed.. anybody else?

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    SMS working fine for me.

Sent from my moto e5 play using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Both on WiFi on my tablet, and mobile data on my phone... however sms forwarding is still working luckily, because I'm communicating with my boss, but the gv app is definitely flaking out.. It's not refreshing or sending/receiving messages..I wonder if it will catch up with all the messages I've written and sent over regular phone sms. Now I'm glad for regular phone sms and that I had all the phantom numbers.

Feedback Score
    Literally reactivated my account here just to say that my gf and I both are unable to send SMS through the google voice app. I have tried wiping storage a few times also. The browser voice google works though.

edit: Join date: Jan 2010 and this is my first post xD

Feedback Score
    I'm in the Midwest my the way, maybe a regional outage?

Feedback Score
    My gf and I are in the south central, but in different areas currently. We both just switched from carriers to google voice... hopefully this is not common

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nick203k View Post
    My gf and I are in the south central, but in different areas currently. We both just switched from carriers to google voice... hopefully this is not common
    I've used Google voice for a couple years, I don't ever remember this, at least not every long enough to concern me.

Feedback Score
    Thats good to hear. She was just complaining about not being able to send videos 30 minutes before this happened as well. Starting to make me feel bad for having her spend $20 on the port... speaking of videos with google voice... is that something that is being worked on?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nick203k View Post
    Thats good to hear. She was just complaining about not being able to send videos 30 minutes before this happened as well. Starting to make me feel bad for having her spend $20 on the port... speaking of videos with google voice... is that something that is being worked on?
    I'm not sure about sending them, just very recently Google voice gained the ability to receive them.. Google seems so behind on a lot of stuff

Feedback Score
    hmmm if its able to receive video then I am sure sending it wouldnt be very difficult to implement. However, it would probably take longer then getting a simple black theme for the app and I see how long that is taking them lol... Service is still down after an hour

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    App says "Unable to refresh" here in Cali, too ... must be a systemwide outage
    Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817T on AT&T
    Galaxy S7 on StraightTalk (AT&T)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kencrudup View Post
    App says "Unable to refresh" here in Cali, too ... must be a systemwide outage
    I was having that same problem too.
    I'm in Michigan.

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I didn't use GV/Hangouts after about 10:05 p.m. eastern yesterday, but I had no trouble using GV/Hangouts before that. I did RECEIVE a text in GV/Hangouts at 10:55 p.m., but it looks like the issue reported above was for sending.

I didn't use GV/Hangouts again until about 6:00 a.m. eastern today, and calls/tests worked like usual.

I hope it's back to working for everyone else, too!

EDIT
    I see that everyone above seems to have been using the GV app vs me using Hangouts. So I guess it's possible the Hangouts app wasn't affected, but I can't say for sure.

Feedback Score
    It seemed like it was malfunctioning for about 90 minutes for me last night.

I was having a prolonged conversation with a friend via text and pictures and all of a sudden I was getting that error message that others had posted in the thread.
    I cleared the cache and force stopped the app and ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the app and I was still getting the error.

I tried using a different phone and the problem persisted on the other phone.
    It finally started to work again after about 90 minutes or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I didn't use GV/Hangouts after about 10:05 p.m. eastern yesterday, but I had no trouble using GV/Hangouts before that. I did RECEIVE a text in GV/Hangouts at 10:55 p.m., but it looks like the issue reported above was for sending.

I didn't use GV/Hangouts again until about 6:00 a.m. eastern today, and calls/tests worked like usual.

I hope it's back to working for everyone else, too!

EDIT
    I see that everyone above seems to have been using the GV app vs me using Hangouts. So I guess it's possible the Hangouts app wasn't affected, but I can't say for sure.
    Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2