Thread: Motorola Emmi Box / Clone Card / SIM Emulator Collection

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Motorola Emmi Box / Clone Card / SIM Emulator Collection

Well, I think I've finally finished my motorola unlock tool collection. I can finally flash every phone I own.

I did some business with a guy in Bulgaria and a guy in Vietnam (if you guys are reading this, thanks!) and now I own an Emmi Box 2D (also called emmi box ++) and a roemmi 2 box.

I honestly got super lucky finding these things for sale, and I picked them up. The difference between a clone card, roemmi, emmi 2d, and a sim emulator is pretty simple. I'm not lying when I say I've waited many years and gone to every Russian GSM forum known .

Emmi 2D: full flash and flex of phone, change IMEI (probably illegal in your country), read and write full eeprom, unlock phone service provider code, change software versions, change lock code, change phone language, change text alert and call alert tones ( the one's you hear when someone calls), change wakeup text and graphics, emulate keypad, read battery and phone radio info (RX and TX stats), and basically anything else I want with the phone.

RoEmmi 2: flash and flex phones (only certain phones/software versions, emmi 2d supports all), remove service provider lock, change lock code,

Clone Card: Put phone into clone mode to remove service provider lock code and put phone into test mode.

SIM Emulator: Put phone into lock or test mode to remove service provider lock code and emulate sim card.

The Emmi 2D is by far my favorite. It comes with a user manual, all in chinese though : . On the circuit board of it, it has a bunch of what looks to be SRAM chips, because apparently it can read the eeprom from the phone into the chips and it's much faster that way. You could maybe pick one of these up for $900 new back in the day. As for the roemmi 2, it works great. A lot less functionality than the emmi 2d though, the software for the roemmi is pretty basic.

My Roemmi 2 box works with the computers LPT port, and the phone plugs into its DB9 serial port. The emmi 2d uses
    a LPT port, but strangely the emmi 2d's used to come with a LPT to COM cable, I don't know why they couldn't have used just a com port on the box in the first place. Also, the phone plugs into a RJ45 port on the emmi 2d. Good luck finding a Startac cable to RJ45, or any phone for that matter. Thankfully my bud included some for various phones in the box.

The process for the Emmi 2d is simple, load up your favorite program (Gemmi, Gate23, or Emmi Dos) and play around with the phone.

Here's some photos of the Emmi 2d inside, cables, manual:

Photo of Roemmi 2 inside:

My Startac 7000g freshly unlocked and eeprom read from:

Honestly I can't wait to have so much fun poking around in the eeproms of my phones and flexing cool stuff on them. I hear the MicroTac Select 6000e (probably my favorite phone) has a bunch of features that can be flexed to it, so I will try some. As for now, I might have one of the rarest Motorola tool collection's ever. If you have any questions about the emmi 2d, roemmi 2, clone card, or sim emulator, do not hesitate to reply below or PM me .

Disclaimer: Please don't ask me to change your IMEI for you.
    <3 Motorola

Feedback Score

Could you help me get my Emmidroid running?

I bought this little Emmi Box. I would like to get it running to play a little bit with my old Motorola Startac phones. Can you identify the Box? I don´t have any manual or cables. How do I connect the box? What kind of cables do I need and which software? Any tip would be appreciated!!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for the late reply. You have an emmi box I see. The board says emmidroid, which is a type of emmibox. The larger connector will plug into a laptop or pc with a 25 pin cable. The smaller serial connector plugs into a phone. Finding the cables for the box is the hard part. I have a huge collection of software and schematics saved for all things motorola, I can look to see if I have anything for emmidroid (I am 95% sure that I do). If you have given up by now on using old startacs, I could unlock the phone for you. Good luck trying to unlock cdma startacs though. I have taken a hiatus on motorola phones for a while but I could never get cdma phones to work properly. If you have any questions, just pm me.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I believe the larger connection on the box is an RS-232 cable connection which was also commonly used by printers to connect to older computers.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, the larger one was usually used for printers back in the day. The smaller one is rs232 (protocol) which typically uses the DB9 port (9 pin typically found on old pc's). The large one is DB25 (25 pin). From what I've experienced with emmi boxes, the phone always plugs into the DB9 (smaller) port and the pc uses the DB25 port.