Thread: Cricket Data Only Plan/Device

Feedback Score

Cricket Data Only Plan/Device

A few questions about the Cricket Data Only device and plan:

1) Does the device come with a sim card? I'm referring to the Cricket Turbo Hotspot device they have on their website for $100. Does the $100 include a sim card or do I need to buy the sim card separately?

2) Will any AT&T hotspot device work on these plans? Or does it have to be this Cricket Turbo Hotspot? This question is probably moot because I don't have any other AT&T hotspot devices anyway. But say I could get one, one that works with AT&T's bands, could I just buy a sim kit and activate it with the AT&T hotspot device?

3) Is the data on the data only plan full speed? Other than the Stream More (which I believe you can turn off) are the speeds restricted in anyway on these plans?

Feedback Score
    for #1 - the device does come with a sim card. it appears at checkout for #2 - any AT&T hotspot device should work but don't yet see a way to purchase the data only plan without having to buy the cricket turbo hotspot device first. for #3 - should be full speed but video may be limited to standard - https://www.cricketwireless.com/data-only-plans once the data is used up there's no data until you add more.

Feedback Score
    For #2 - I figured I could just buy a sim kit for $10 and use the Activate link on the Cricket website. Input the sim card number and the IMEI number of the hotspot device. But I don't know if that would work or not.

Like I said, this is probably moot. I mean, I might be able to find a device less than $100 that Cricket sells. But will it work? Questions abound on that... probably just simplier to get the device from Cricket, because we know it will work.

Thanks for the answers!

Feedback Score
    you can use AT&T phones on cricket without them needing to be unlocked so AT&T hotspots should be the same way. for #2 you might try contacting cricket and see what they say about buying the data only plan without buying the hotspot device.