Thread: PSA; Walmart Airtime Bundled iphones, you likely won't get the credit

Feedback Score

PSA; Walmart Airtime Bundled iphones, you likely won't get the credit

I think the bottom line here is just be really careful dealing with walmart and AT&T getting these 25gb deals, they will screw this up on multiple levels.

Bought the linked phone below, account credit never showed up. 611 operator investigated for 48 minutes and concluded the IMEI I received wasn't eligible for credit even though it was included in the box with that particular phone. They would do NOTHING for me. Told me to go to walmart and work it out through them, yeah I see that going really well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-PREP...uded/367090866

This is on top of the walmart rep originally signing me up for a post paid plan when I handed them the add for the prepaid plan. Still dealing with the account closure on that one. Unbelievable.

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZ
    Feedback Score
    The credit on the prepaid side is usually coded into the sim. When you activate the sim, the credit usually showed up as a credit in the account. But as you said, good luck in getting help if it didn't automatically load.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    I think the bottom line here is just be really careful dealing with walmart and AT&T getting these 25gb deals, they will screw this up on multiple levels.

Bought the linked phone below, account credit never showed up. 611 operator investigated for 48 minutes and concluded the IMEI I received wasn't eligible for credit even though it was included in the box with that particular phone. They would do NOTHING for me. Told me to go to walmart and work it out through them, yeah I see that going really well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-PREP...uded/367090866

This is on top of the walmart rep originally signing me up for a post paid plan when I handed them the add for the prepaid plan. Still dealing with the account closure on that one. Unbelievable.
    Take the phone back and file an FCC complaint to get your money back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    Take the phone back and file an FCC complaint to get your money back.
    I'm past the deliberately short 14 day return policy.

Edit; good idea on the FCC complaint, filed that. Will see where that goes.
    Last edited by MaxBurn; 09-24-2019 at 06:26 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cctraderx View Post
    The credit on the prepaid side is usually coded into the sim. When you activate the sim, the credit usually showed up as a credit in the account. But as you said, good luck in getting help if it didn't automatically load.
    I did use the bundled SIM for this, rep verified the ICCID of that and the IMEI of the phone and mentioned something didn't match up so no credit.

BUT that reminds me, the item description of the phone says $50 and the bundled SIM says $45. I'd be good with either but this whole thing is shady as ****.

https://twitter.com/scottjal/status/1173255014267179008

Feedback Score
    Best Buy has the same phone/SIM card packages... I’m gonna try activating $65 plan with that credit when I get it tomorrow and pay the $20 difference

Feedback Score
    I should mention the FCC complaint worked and I got my credit. They sent it to the "presidents" staff whoever they are.

Feedback Score
    I should mention the FCC complaint worked and I got my credit. They sent it to the "presidents" staff whoever they are.
    That refers to the ATT president's staff, not the POTUS staff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post
    That refers to the ATT president's staff, not the POTUS staff.
    Yeah no kidding. All I can tell you is they were on a line with a good connection where you could actually hear and understand the person, they had zero interest in figuring out what happened, and couldn't do anything themselves. Just wanted to know what I wanted to make this go away and then did it later on, probably passing word down to issue the credit.

My concern was through a mess up on Walmart side I've seen two of these phones pictured with the wrong bundle, this is going to happen to someone else.

Feedback Score
    @MaxBurn: How long did it take from when you filed your FCC complaint to when ATT completed the matter?

Feedback Score
    About five working days.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    About five working days.
    Nicely done - congrats.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    Nicely done - congrats.
    I knew going in Walmart will mess this up somehow. So many bad runins with them but the 25GB deal was worth the hassle.

I actually had them tell me a sodastream refill was going to cost $55 one time. CS agent didn't understand the concept of a core charge and I had the old empty bottle ready to turn in. No problem, never went back for that.