Thread: Unlock code

Feedback Score

Unlock code

I was given a 10 digit code to unlick my phone the person I spoke with saidd it would take 24 hours I save the code but was not given any instructions to unlock phone. Not sure what to do

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekster View Post
    I was given a 10 digit code to unlick my phone the person I spoke with saidd it would take 24 hours I save the code but was not given any instructions to unlock phone. Not sure what to do
    Is this a locked Straight Talk phone? Who gave you the unlock code?

Feedback Score
    I purchase phone at Walmart and have straight talk they gave me a 10 digit code ( straight talk) and they said it would take a couple of days what do I do now. Do I enter the numbers not sure what I do. I still gave 3 weeks left with service but I’m looking around

Feedback Score
    What is the purpose of the unlock code? The unlocking policy is uniform with all the Tracfone companies. Requires 12 months of continuous service to qualify. No idea why they would give you a code at Walmart. I would go back to Walmart and get some clarification.

Feedback Score
    I'll take a shot. I think the OP is saying they bought a Straight Talk phone at Walmart. The OP contacted Straight Talk and they gave him the unlock code. OP has 3 weeks left on StraighTalk plan and is looking around for another carrier. Assume the 12 months was hit or they wouldn't give a code (?)
    If that's correct OP will first need a SIM from whomever they want to change to. Here's a link https://www.wikihow.com/Unlock-Andro...ght-Talk-Phone
    That's just my guess on what's being asked. OP can confirm or provide more info. I never unlocked anything so other then the link instructions maybe there's another way. I thought it was phone mfg. dependent too.

Feedback Score
    Yes I was given code via st look at thread does that apply with a iPhone as well still have 3 weeks left on servicewant to unlock while I have service also when I decide to change providers would like to keep my #

Feedback Score
    Yes I was given code via st look at thread does that apply with a iPhone as well still have 3 weeks left on servicewant to unlock while I have service also when I decide to change providers would like to keep my #
    The model of the phone may just change what the display shows. But if you read through it you'll need the SIM of another carrier first. Keeping your number will happen when you change carriers and "tell" them what you want to do.

Like I said; unlocking is something I have no personal experience or knowledge in. Just found that link and thought it would help.

Now knowing more clearly what you want to do someone that knows about unlocking should reply.

Feedback Score
    Yes, the unlock process should come up when you install a "foreign" SIM.
    What carrier are you on now with Straight Talk?
    What model iPhone?

Feedback Score
    I have iPhone se and are using Verizon towers. When I purchased this phone I addressed the issue with not getting service with Verizon and was reassured this phone will be using att towers. Well it’s been using Verizon towers and have been
    Missing calls with 1 bar service and calls being failed when at home . Still have 3 weeks left of service. Thinking about cricket wireless as they use att towers

Feedback Score
    I have iPhone se and are using Verizon towers. When I purchased this phone I addressed the issue with not getting service with Verizon and was reassured this phone will be using att towers. Well it’s been using Verizon towers and have been
    Missing calls with 1 bar service and calls being failed when at home . Still have 3 weeks left of service. Thinking about cricket wireless as they use att towers
    You just have the wrong SIM card. A mistake when you bought the phone at Walmart. The carrier is always determined by the SIM. You can look at the SIM, or it's number is also listed in the iPhone in Settings > General > About > ICCID.

Check the SIM ID printed on the SIM. The first six numbers of the ID determine the carrier:
    890126 = T-Mobile, 890141 = AT&T, 891480 = Verizon.