Thread: iOS 13.1 released, Also 13.1 iPadOS

Feedback Score

iOS 13.1 released, Also 13.1 iPadOS

Both are now available. I'm doing my iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPad Pro 11" right now.

Feedback Score
    So far, so good. No issues with operation or updates. I suspect it is, and will remain stable.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just to be aware, Apple has announced there is a security issue with 13.1; basically if you are using a third party keyboard it will have full access to your phone -- regardless of what permissions you set for that keyboard.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 (unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    Just to be aware, Apple has announced there is a security issue with 13.1; basically if you are using a third party keyboard it will have full access to your phone -- regardless of what permissions you set for that keyboard.
    Just installed 13.1.1 in my iPad.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I've done 13.1.1 on an iPhone Xr and 11 Pro Max, an iPad 11" Pro and a 10.5 Pro with no issues so far.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Ditto.
    Upgraded my XS Max and 7 and no issues so far, but I'm going to hold for the upgrade in my iPad mini

Feedback Score
    Well, I did the Beta upgrade to 13.2 last night. No real problems but so far have discovered two issues. My Cinemark app no longer allows me to complete a ticket purchase in advance, and the Text Size button in Control Center is blank. This will probably get fixed soon, but no big deal so far.

Edit: The Cinemark app is working normally now, so it may have been just a temp glitch, or who knows. I was interested in seeing the Deep Fusion feature for the camera, but so far I can't tell any difference.
    Last edited by daleraver; 10-04-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    I have heard that there are big issues with 13.2 (e.g bricking the device) and to hold off with this upgrade if you already have 13.1.
    I'm not interested in finding out if this is true..

Feedback Score
    Hi, did anyone install update 13.2?

Last edited by bernard76; 10-06-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Feedback Score
    I've been running 13.2 since the release on Friday (?) with no further issues. As I mentioned, the Cinemark app is a little wonky, but works, and the icon for the Text Size in Control Center is blank, but works normally and that's all I've encountered. I expect the usual 2-5 more Betas before the public gets this, but it's hard to tell. Sometimes they push them out quickly to fix a security issue, but they usually give those a different numbering sequence. Quick fix updates=13.1.X, other updates=13.X in my experience.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    On the phone, it 13.1.2

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Feedback Score
    ios 13.1 Dark Mode option gives iOS and apps a beautiful dark color scheme.

Feedback Score
    iOS 13.2 Beta 2 was released late yesterday. I installed it, and it has a few new features but nothing groundbreaking. The Text Size icon now has an image, and the camera screen in Video has the resolution and frame rate visible and changeable on screen. More Emojis and a few other minor tweaks. Some have been claiming less battery life in Beta 1, but I didn't notice a change, so it wasn't a universal issue apparently. Two things I'd like to see is the Volume and Brightness sliders could/should have the percent level embedded in the sliders in Control Center. I frequently use Siri to set those by %, and it would be nice to have a visual confirmation.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    iOS 13.2 Beta 2 was released late yesterday. I installed it, and it has a few new features but nothing groundbreaking. The Text Size icon now has an image, and the camera screen in Video has the resolution and frame rate visible and changeable on screen. More Emojis and a few other minor tweaks. Some have been claiming less battery life in Beta 1, but I didn't notice a change, so it wasn't a universal issue apparently. Two things I'd like to see is the Volume and Brightness sliders could/should have the percent level embedded in the sliders in Control Center. I frequently use Siri to set those by %, and it would be nice to have a visual confirmation.
    The groundbreaking feature of 13.2 is Deep Fusion support for the cameras, though that feature is only available on the iPhone 11 models.

Feedback Score
    The Deep Fusion feature is imperceptibly subtle and there is no switch or indication it is operating. One Youtuber claimed there was a little shudder when it was processing, but I never saw that. Maybe we'll get a little more info from Apple closer to the update release.