Thread: Will an iPhone 11 activated on Sprint also work with a Verizon SIM card?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T & Sprint
    Feedback Score

Will an iPhone 11 activated on Sprint also work with a Verizon SIM card?

I have both Sprint & Verizon and am considering adding an additional Sprint line of service and getting an iPhone 11. If I do that, what would happen if I place the SIM card from my Verizon account into the iPhone 11 on Sprint?

Additionally, if this doesn’t work, can I ESN change the iPhone 11 off of Sprint first and then use it on Verizon? Or does Sprint not allow this? I’m not sure why they wouldn’t as long as I’m paying for the phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprint_CDMA View Post
    I have both Sprint & Verizon and am considering adding an additional Sprint line of service and getting an iPhone 11. If I do that, what would happen if I place the SIM card from my Verizon account into the iPhone 11 on Sprint?

Additionally, if this doesn’t work, can I ESN change the iPhone 11 off of Sprint first and then use it on Verizon? Or does Sprint not allow this? I’m not sure why they wouldn’t as long as I’m paying for the phone.
    As long as it's unlocked yes

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Some model phones are not inter carrier compatible like between GSM carriers. While Sprint and Verizon did both use CDMA it is not always compatible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Some model phones are not inter carrier compatible like between GSM carriers. While Sprint and Verizon did both use CDMA it is not always compatible.

iPhones are like Samsung phones where they will

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It looks as if the iPhone 10r and iphone 11 have one model for all US carriers.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It looks as if the iPhone 10r and iphone 11 have one model for all US carriers.
    I think this was mostly implemented with iPhone X. My unlocked iPhone X (Sprint) was temporarily provisioned with an AT&T SIM card to verify network compatibility (which it was).

BTW: I originally bought my iPhone X through Apple Store fully paid with a Sprint SIM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score

If you activate your phone on Verizon first, then it will definitely unlock and be usable on both. In fact, you can use them at the same time, since 11 is dual-SIM. However, if you activate it on Sprint first, it may lock to Sprint and you will not be able to use it on Verizon. This will definitely happen if you buy a "flex policy" iPhone through a retailer such as BestBuy, Target, Walmart, etc.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I didn’t think Sprint supported dual sim phones since they don’t use SIM cards the same way the other big three do.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Current Sprint devices that use LTE use the same type of SIM the other providers do. Sprint isn't strictly CDMA.

My Sprint branded galaxy s9 plus uses an LTE SIM card.

Last edited by veriztd; 09-26-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vvk View Post
    If you activate your phone on Verizon first, then it will definitely unlock and be usable on both. In fact, you can use them at the same time, since 11 is dual-SIM. However, if you activate it on Sprint first, it may lock to Sprint and you will not be able to use it on Verizon. This will definitely happen if you buy a "flex policy" iPhone through a retailer such as BestBuy, Target, Walmart, etc.
    Unfortunately, not true anymore. All Verizon phones are locked for 60 days now, even those sold under the flex reseller policy. So you’d have to keep the phone on Verizon for 60 days first before you could use it on Sprint with dual sim.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I didn’t think Sprint supported dual sim phones since they don’t use SIM cards the same way the other big three do.
    It is correct that Sprint doesn't currently allow for the dual (eSIM) technology at this time. I am not certain why they don't.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

Will an iPhone 11 activated on Sprint also work with a Verizon SIM card?

You can use Sprint as a carrier on a Dual SIM iPhone, however it needs to be in the physical SIM slot.

I am running AT&T as my primary carrier on the eSIM and Sprint as secondary. However, my iPhone XR was purchased factory unlocked from Apple. Sprint purchased phones are probably locked to Sprint, it would have to be unlocked first.

Also, I know one of the original limitations of the iPhone eSIM dual SIM setup was that only one of the lines could be from a CDMA carrier. So Sprint/Verizon combo may not work even if the phone is unlocked and Verizon is on the eSIM with Sprint as a physical SIM.

I can’t say what would happen if you tried, but it may not work. If you just want to SIM swap the physical SIMs between VZ and Sprint, that should work fine as long as the phone is unlocked.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Last edited by clonehappy; 09-29-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Feedback Score
    Would an At&t phone (esim) and a Verizon or sprint physical sim work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Yes, AT&T will work fine with any other carrier.

The limitation is that only one of your SIMs will support CDMA.