Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: As 3G Shutdown Looms, AT&T's Cricket Will Require VoLTE Phones

Feedback Score
    It does not require Samsung to do a software update to make Wi-Fi calling work. It just requires AT&T to provision the line for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    wifi calling is not provisioned on S10 unlocked but according to the source it might be in the future updates. as per samsung say they have not received a "thumbs up" from AT&T to enable VoLTE on the rest of unlocked samsung.
    Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL, Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A), GNote 4 (SM-N910A), OnePlus One (US Edition)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Current), VZW (2014), Boost Mobile (2010)
    Feedback Score
    It does require that the carrier profile that's stored on the device have the proper configuration for WiFi Calling (just like for VoLTE). But yes, mainly the issue is AT&T actually allowing the feature to provision on the line a.k.a. whitelist the IMEI that's being used on the line.

Source: I've torn apart the MBN files on a Pixel 2 and a Pixel 3, and you can clearly see that the Pixel 2 doesn't have the gateway configured for WiFi Calling for AT&T, but the Pixel 3 modem file shows it (and it of course works).
    Quote Originally Posted by WishIWasHer View Post
    CSD was rarely used, and was before they started referring to cell phone technology in G's. This G stuff really started with 3G coverage and its because the 2nd iPhone was called the iPhone 3G. That's where cell phone tech got the G's from. The G stands for Gigs and the number is the number of Gigs the signal is.
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF View Post
    Oh boy....
    Quote Originally Posted by AttData View Post
    My thoughts exactly...

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    They'll finally have to allow more unlocked devices to get VoLTE, but it seems like many of them won't get VoWiFi. The only ones I've heard of getting it are the Pixel 3's, which was probably a condition to be able to sell the Pixel 4.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    They'll finally have to allow more unlocked devices to get VoLTE, but it seems like many of them won't get VoWiFi. The only ones I've heard of getting it are the Pixel 3's, which was probably a condition to be able to sell the Pixel 4.
    I can confirm on my pixel 3A that I have both volte and wifi calling

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    I can confirm on my pixel 3A that I have both volte and wifi calling
    Good point. I should have included the 3a and 3aXL as well. The 3a and 3aXL are fully compatible with AT&T, while the 3/3XL don't have B14/29/30.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Good point. I should have included the 3a and 3aXL as well. The 3a and 3aXL are fully compatible with AT&T, while the 3/3XL don't have B14/29/30.
    That's exactly right. The Wi-Fi calling works very seamlessly as well as a voice over LTE.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling for BYOD Android devices. A very few have VoLTE but no WiFi calling. I switched a line to Spectrum for just that reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    What issue in particular are you upset about? In the past I have had no issues with unlocked devices on their network as long as the device has the correct frequencies and specifications.

When they shut down analog/TDMA they automatically sent free compatible devices to users with no specific requirements to activate them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app
    Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2