Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Press 1 for English

Feedback Score
    Going to be gone a couple weeks. Hope @UncleAndy gets a solution. Be interesting to find out what it was when I'm back.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wow. This could be a Verizon issue somewhere. Someone with Red Pocket is getting this same issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/...ion_nightmare/

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Advcomp,
    Thanks for posting the link. Now I know I am not alone.
    I think I will wait and see what happens before I call Customer support again!!

Feedback Score
    Anyone figure out how to fix this? I activated 2 Alcatel Myflips last week and they are both stuck on this. I've put the sims in my unlocked moto g5 and it does the same. And customer service has been pretty useless

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have not seen a good clear answer yet. From what it sounds like from the reddit posting, it was something to do with the plan's buckets was not applied right. I could see if the other person has figure it out tho.

Device(s)
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    Carrier(s)
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score

Press 1 for English

When I transferred to my new my flip they tried to wipe out my 326.00 balance. I had to fight with them for 2 hours on the phone to get it restored.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyrn View Post
    I was told my old 3g phone would stop working. I use it for emergencies only. I have paid 10 dollars every 90 days for 10 years and make a call every couple of months so my balance was 326.00. I ordered a my flip from them to replace the old 3g. Having them aknowledge in advance the balance and and number both need to be moved to the new phone. They said no problem. When they did. They wiped out my whole balance and acted like they were doing me a favor by giving me a 10 dollar balance. What if I have an emergency and need more than that. Who are they to take my balance. They have a record of every payment I ever made to them. It was either directly to them or calling mart. With one 1 minute call every 90 days. I am really disappointed in them right now. Wouldn’t transfer phones right now if you have a big balance................
    I don't know the details of how that happened. but it is NOT normal.

There should be no loss of balance or days when changing phones on PPC.

Please don't let this go.

Try an online chat with a CSR and tell them what happened and tell them it needs to be fixed. If you get nowhere with that chat CSR, disconnect, and try again with another CSR. If necessary, ask for a supervisor.

If you can't get anywhere with PPC CSRs and/or supervisors, you should file BBB and FCC complaints. After doing that, eventually someone higher up will contact you and should get the issue fixed!

Please keep us informed on how it goes.

Feedback Score
    I did chat today after I never got a call back on Monday from support. The chat rep managed to fix it. He had me put the sim in another phone, I used an unlocked Moto G4. He then swapped each account to the $12 monthly plan and had me make a call and it finally let me choose 1 for english then had me put the sim back in the Alcatel myflip and swapped it back to the paygo plan. It seems like it's an issue with Volte. When I tried to make the first call with LTE it wouldn't let me select english, but if it showed 1xrtt when I made the first call it would let me select english and would activate.

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    McTubs,
    It is good to hear of your success getting the MyFlip working.
    Tomorrow I will start calling PPC Customer Service again to try to get my MyFlip and Rebel 4 working.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyrn View Post
    I was told my old 3g phone would stop working. I use it for emergencies only. I have paid 10 dollars every 90 days for 10 years and make a call every couple of months so my balance was 326.00. I ordered a my flip from them to replace the old 3g. Having them aknowledge in advance the balance and and number both need to be moved to the new phone. They said no problem. When they did. They wiped out my whole balance and acted like they were doing me a favor by giving me a 10 dollar balance. What if I have an emergency and need more than that. Who are they to take my balance. They have a record of every payment I ever made to them. It was either directly to them or calling mart. With one 1 minute call every 90 days. I am really disappointed in them right now. Wouldn’t transfer phones right now if you have a big balance................
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I don't know the details of how that happened. but it is NOT normal.

There should be no loss of balance or days when changing phones on PPC.

Please don't let this go.

Try an online chat with a CSR and tell them what happened and tell them it needs to be fixed. If you get nowhere with that chat CSR, disconnect, and try again with another CSR. If necessary, ask for a supervisor.

If you can't get anywhere with PPC CSRs and/or supervisors, you should file BBB and FCC complaints. After doing that, eventually someone higher up will contact you and should get the issue fixed!

Please keep us informed on how it goes.
    pattyrn, can you please provide an update? Did you get your balance back?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by McTubs View Post
    I did chat today after I never got a call back on Monday from support. The chat rep managed to fix it. He had me put the sim in another phone, I used an unlocked Moto G4. He then swapped each account to the $12 monthly plan and had me make a call and it finally let me choose 1 for english then had me put the sim back in the Alcatel myflip and swapped it back to the paygo plan. It seems like it's an issue with Volte. When I tried to make the first call with LTE it wouldn't let me select english, but if it showed 1xrtt when I made the first call it would let me select english and would activate.
    So if I understand, you original activated with a PayGo plan, had to make it a monthly plan through the G4 swap, then back to PayGo when Sims back in the Flip ?
    I activated mine right to PayGo last Dec. no problem. Wonder if yours wanting a monthly plan with data is a temporary hiccup. Also I don't get the 1xrtt thing since the Flip is cdma-less, or was that on thG4?

Feedback Score
    Yeah that was process and the 1xrtt was on the G4.

From the other posts it seems like this activation issue only affected people who activated a CDMA less phone during a period of 2 days on a verizon mvno. Everyone who has posted online about this issue seems to have activated their phone around the 26th. I had a family member activate another of the same alcatel phone 4 days after me and had no issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by McTubs View Post
    Yeah that was process and the 1xrtt was on the G4.

From the other posts it seems like this activation issue only affected people who activated a CDMA less phone during a period of 2 days on a verizon mvno. Everyone who has posted online about this issue seems to have activated their phone around the 26th. I had a family member activate another of the same alcatel phone 4 days after me and had no issues.
    Good info, thanks. Explains why @UncleAndy had Rebel 4 issue too if that was the time period he was in.

Feedback Score
    OP @UncleAndy Update? Did your issue on your phones get resolved like McTubs ?

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    rpz1
    Unfortunately, I did not have any luck with PPC customer service.

I have sent the non-working (Press 1 for English) LG MyFlip back to PPC for a refund.

I still have the non-working (Press 1 for English) LG Rebel4. The only other working PPC phones I have are a working LG MyFlip and a working Samsung S5.

PPC customer service did have me put the LG Rebel 4 sim into the working LG MyFlip and try to make a call; but pushing 1 did not work even in the working MyFlip. I do not know if customer service tried switching my plan with the sim in the working MyFlip.

Maybe I will try PPC customer service again this week.

The LG Rebel 4 sim does not fit in the working Samsung S5 (standard sim slot).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast