Thread: How long until Sprint One Plus 7 Pro reaches Essential phone status?

Feedback Score

How long until Sprint One Plus 7 Pro reaches Essential phone status?

Two things are a given with Sprint. The flagship LG product will be $300 in 8 months after release and the One Plus phone will go the route of the Essential phone. Question is how long will it take and will it go to $5 a month on lease?
    I'm still on the $25 Kickstarter rocking the Z2 Force clearanced out from Best Buy for $160. I know it's not getting any more updates from Sprint but it's not slowing down one bit. Such a great phone! I would trade it out for this One Plus but have to wait for Sprint to bungle this device like they always do. Start the timer!

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Probably never. Essential needed to raise additional funding and ran into litigation issues. They had to slash prices. It was a strong indicator the industry was changing and Smartphonepocalypse was very much a thing. The industry slowed, and Essential was a sacrificial lamb to that process.

OnePlus is backed by longer term China investors who aren't desperate to make a single carrier deal work. They have direct sales now with two of the Big 4 (plus certification on Verizon).

I don't think it will get there until long after OnePlus 8 / successor device is out.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Device(s)
    Google Pixel XL, OnePlus 5, Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI, T-Mobile, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    Probably never. Essential needed to raise additional funding and ran into litigation issues. They had to slash prices. It was a strong indicator the industry was changing and Smartphonepocalypse was very much a thing. The industry slowed, and Essential was a sacrificial lamb to that process.

OnePlus is backed by longer term China investors who aren't desperate to make a single carrier deal work. They have direct sales now with two of the Big 4 (plus certification on Verizon).

I don't think it will get there until long after OnePlus 8 / successor device is out.
    The OnePlus 7T is coming out on October 18th....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by compuguy View Post
    The OnePlus 7T is coming out on October 18th....
    Are you saying the 7T is the successor? Most view the 7T as iPhone XR version of this model, just released a few months later.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sprint, Thanks for the free year!

- Moto e5 cruise (Cricket)
    - AT&T ZTE Mobley