Thread: Is my Unlimited Plus plan still the better plan to be on?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 10+, iPhone XR, iPhone 7, iPhone SE & Netgear Nighthawk LTE hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Is my Unlimited Plus plan still the better plan to be on?

I noticed on Slickdeals.net that people were getting some loyalty deals that made their plans much cheaper than mine with more phones.

I currently have the Unlimited Plus, $205, which has 4 phones and one hotspot. 3 phones total have payment plans of $23, $15, and $30 on them. My total bill is around $310 a month. With HBO free included and $10 autopay discount.

Is there a better plan to get this cheaper these days? My usage is around 20gb a month.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, 3 & 3a; Moto X4, 6 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    If you’re only using 20 GB a month, there are other plans out there that should cost much less and still give you the coverage you need. Check the MVNO’s of the major carriers. A lot will depend on what coverage is available in your area so if Verizon is the only carrier with good coverage, then Verizon Prepaid or Visible would use Verizon towers. Others would be Total Wireless, Boom, Straight Talk, etc.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 10+, iPhone XR, iPhone 7, iPhone SE & Netgear Nighthawk LTE hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    If you’re only using 20 GB a month, there are other plans out there that should cost much less and still give you the coverage you need. Check the MVNO’s of the major carriers. A lot will depend on what coverage is available in your area so if Verizon is the only carrier with good coverage, then Verizon Prepaid or Visible would use Verizon towers. Others would be Total Wireless, Boom, Straight Talk, etc.
    I am not looking to switch carriers. AT&T is the only one that works well in my town as I have tried Verizon, and Tmobile and they were worse.

Feedback Score
    Get some family members to join your plan and split the bill. I have 10 on mine and we each pay about 38.00 per line.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, 3 & 3a; Moto X4, 6 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    I have never used Cricket Wireless, owned by AT&T, but I’ve read they have pretty good family plans.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max, Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Having that hotspot on your plan is probably what would (to me at least) be what keeps your plan valuable. AT&T stopped allowing hotspot devices on their unlimited plans after they phased out Unlimited Plus for whatever it is they're pushing now (Unlimited More & Premium I believe). So if you switch, your hotspot device will be forced onto a tiered data plan. Now that may work for you depending on your data usage, but personally I'd hold on to it if possible. I have the same setup with a Netgear Nighthawk M1 and it's a blessing to have in quite a few situations (having unlimited data throughout North America to share with family and friends is a blessing during trips.)