Thread: Refurb My Flip on PP?

Feedback Score

Refurb My Flip on PP?

https://shop.tracfone.com/shop/en/tr...-reconditioned

There's the reconditioned Alcatel My Flip on TF website free with plan purchase. Since TF owns PP, would it be ok to activate the My Flip on PP and use the plan card for my current TF or would it be "rude"?

I only want it for a pocket callbox and the 120 day/$10 plan seems very practical for that.

Do the PP $10 PINs stack? That is, if I add two at once will I get 240 days?

Currently I don't know if any local stores carry PP plan cards but if I can buy them online it should be fine.

I've read posts in this forum about activating TFs including My Flip on PP but I'd have to buy the phone from TF. I don't already have it.

Sent from my Z353VL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Yes. No.

No.

Feedback Score
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Yes. No.

No.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    If you've got to buy at least a $19 plan from Tracfone to get that phone, you can get a brand new one from Page Plus for $19.99. I realize you may be thinking of selling the airtime from Tracfone, but is it worth it?

FWIW, $19 on Tracfone gets you 60 minutes vs. $10 gets you 166 minutes on Page Plus ($0.06/minute on the 4G Standard Plan, regardless of denomination of PIN added). I think they still charge $0.50/month or something like that as a monthly maintenance fee...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    If you've got to buy at least a $19 plan from Tracfone to get that phone, you can get a brand new one from Page Plus for $19.99. I realize you may be thinking of selling the airtime from Tracfone, but is it worth it?
    Some users are on both Page Plus and Tracfone, so can use the TF airtime on something else and get a free phone. The TF airtime offerings are screwy for the refurb MyFlip. Basic airtime cards may triple on this phone, even though it is not listed. Has been debated back to the preceding Z233 model. If the TF $19 card triples it would give 180 minutes. 180 texts, 180 MB data, 90 days service.

The Page Plus Standard plan is actually much like the old Tracfone plan before smartphones and the 3 bucket system. Tracfone more properly called them Units, and talk, text, and data were subtracted at different rates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    I think they still charge $0.50/month or something like that as a monthly maintenance fee...
    They haven't charged that maintenance fee for at least a couple of years.

Feedback Score
    I opened a chat with a TF service rep last night and he said both flips, the My Flip and the ZTE, don't triple and the 60 minute card will only get face value. He said if service is transferred from a TMFL phone, they would get TMFL. I didn't know TMFL transferred. He said they can use smartphone plan cards but only the basic plans were offered with the free reconditioned flips when I put them in the cart. Both flips ship to my zip with VZ SIMs so could be activated on PP.

I think the PP chart said 166 minutes for 3g and 100 minutes for 4g service for 120 days.

TF has an eBay deal for a year service for 49.99 and get something like 1200 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Some users are on both Page Plus and Tracfone, so can use the TF airtime on something else and get a free phone. The TF airtime offerings are screwy for the refurb MyFlip. Basic airtime cards may triple on this phone, even though it is not listed. Has been debated back to the preceding Z233 model. If the TF $19 card triples it would give 180 minutes. 180 texts, 180 MB data, 90 days service.

The Page Plus Standard plan is actually much like the old Tracfone plan before smartphones and the 3 bucket system. Tracfone more properly called them Units, and talk, text, and data were subtracted at different rates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I think the PP chart said 166 minutes for 3g and 100 minutes for 4g service for 120 days.
    You have that flipped around. 3G is 100 minutes and 4G is 166 minutes on the $10 plan.
    If current information is correct, the 3G plans should disappear with the CDMA shutdown in June.
    Straight Talk and Tracfone have already warned affected users of this. Has Page Plus?

Feedback Score
    No, but a rep in PP chat told me June 2020, subject to change. I'd recommend do it by the end of this year. Be safe.

Feedback Score
    I got the free with plan My Flip and the ZTE z233 with 60 minutes plan cards. Both do VoLTE for anyone needing to replace a 3g flip.

I haven't activated the Alcatel My Flip yet but activated the ZTE on Tracfone and the 60 minutes card got 180mins/180texts/180mbs instead of 60/60/60. When I visit the plan page with tel# entered it offers all the different plans but the add ons differ in that extra talk minutes are 300 for $10 instead of 500 like for smartphones and the $5/1000 messages add on isn't offered.

The reviews on both phones at the TF website were mostly pretty bad, but my z233vl seems to be fine. It has clear call reception and loud ringtones. The FM radio hardly pulls anything but that so far is the only complaint. I like its design better than the My Flip.

The My Flip won't sign into WiFi and that's a bigger issue than a weak radio (its radio is better than the ZTE but even outdoors it is way weaker than my older Alcatel flip radios). Since I only wanted a pocket caller I could check time on, that doesn't concern me very much.

Not sure when I'll activate the My Flip but how would a person activate it on PP?

Has anyone activated a z233vl on PP?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Not sure when I'll activate the My Flip but how would a person activate it on PP?

Has anyone activated a z233vl on PP?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using HoFo mobile app
    As far as the My Flip, just activate it on PP with the SIM that came in it. I don't see how being a refurb would matter but who knows ? Doesn't hurt to try. You won't be able to use the TF plan card you got though.

I also activated a z233 on PP with a TF BYOP SIM. Since you already activated your z233 on TF I don't know how that would work to move it to PP. Just do a chat with PP and ask about porting from one TF company to another.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, rpz1. I think I'd rather activate the My Flip on PP and save the plan card I bought with it to extend service on my z233vl.

Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    As far as the My Flip, just activate it on PP with the SIM that came in it. I don't see how being a refurb would matter but who knows ? Doesn't hurt to try. You won't be able to use the TF plan card you got though.

I also activated a z233 on PP with a TF BYOP SIM. Since you already activated your z233 on TF I don't know how that would work to move it to PP. Just do a chat with PP and ask about porting from one TF company to another.
    Sent from my LGL84VL using HoFo mobile app