Thread: I would say AT&T 5g Speedtests!!

Feedback Score

I would say AT&T 5g Speedtests!!

BUT we have no phones to test I guess we can discuss why AT&T is going to use only mm wave freq in the s10 5g and sub6 in the note 10 5g? I mean they have available the right Qualcomm chip x55+ AND even sprint and T-Mobile’s s10 5g I believe will be able to use ones low band and ones mid band !! I mean come on SAMSUNG/AT&T!! I’m just speculating here but could they already be set up to use both but just turned on later on? Excuse me I’m new at this lol. Yes I know 5g is very limited but damn it I live in a 5g city and I can’t even get a clear answer exactly where in Raleigh it is setup!! I call AT&T and they think I’m talking about 5ge!! Ugh!! ps Raleigh is also suppose to have 5ge but at what speeds because all I get is around 20mbps dl... thanks for letting me rant. Please contribute what you will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I read Ericsson has just figured out how to get their hardware to share 4G spectrum with 5G; both involve using timeslots, and it simply (well probably not too simple..) can run 4G modulation one timeslot and 5G the next, the more 5G-capable phone traffic on there the more 5G is used. This'll definitely make sub-6ghz 5G widely available since they could presumably drop in 5G-capable equipment (or a software update if it has fast enough software defined radio already?) and have it kind of transition from 4G to 5G as devices show up.

As for the devices.. I doubt they will get the missing bands added. Can't say for sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    I read Ericsson has just figured out how to get their hardware to share 4G spectrum with 5G; both involve using timeslots, and it simply (well probably not too simple..) can run 4G modulation one timeslot and 5G the next, the more 5G-capable phone traffic on there the more 5G is used. This'll definitely make sub-6ghz 5G widely available since they could presumably drop in 5G-capable equipment (or a software update if it has fast enough software defined radio already?) and have it kind of transition from 4G to 5G as devices show up.

As for the devices.. I doubt they will get the missing bands added. Can't say for sure.
    I think I get that both 4g lte and sub6 both run in low band frequencies and that they have to be able to work seamlessly but what about mm waves that like Verizon they have plenty of if in not mistaken? That's on high band frequencies. Why put it in one device and sub6 in another? I think they could have put both in at least the note 10 5g. And why make it exclusive to businesses/developers? I don't think Verizon even did that. I get that it's smart to wait until next year as far as 5g and 5g devices but I buy at least two phones a year With 5g I may buy more idk.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    I think they were having issues with the antenna stack in the phones which is why there are no 5G devices that support both mmWave and sub-6 gig NR. That's why there probably won't be an Unlocked U1 version of a 5G device this year.