Thread: No Voice Mail After Port?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score

No Voice Mail After Port?

I have decided to consolidate several prepaid accounts into a few. I ported a Straight Talk number to my T-Mo Gold Rewards account last month. The change was immediate. But the voice mail does not work! Multiple calls to "technical support" has resulted in several trouble tickets and the promise that they would call me with an update.

The result has been no calls from them and no voice mail. Every other attempt (odd, huh?) results in a reduction in the balance. The only minutes they will credit are ones lost during that particular CS call. Calls in and out work OK and the only error message is "XXXX is not a correct password." I have tried old passwords, different default passwords and turning On/Off Password.

While it appears they just don't know what the password resets to, #PWD# results in an error message. Has anyone else experienced this brick wall on a Pay As You go Account? If so what was the result? It would be a shame to port the number back out and lose GR as a result...but I can't think of any other solution.
    Bill Radio
    Mountain Wireless Network Reports & Ratings,
    Coverage Maps,
    Wireless Roaming

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    So you are saying that CS could not just reset your voicemail and have you set it back up, choosing a new password? What carrier were you using with Straight Talk and what phone are using with TMO Gold Rewards?

I would think that whenever someone ports-in a number, then calls that number from the phone that now has it, that voicemail would first prompt you to set it up.

Also, were you trying to call your voicemail from a different phone? Usually, when you get a new line (or port one in), you have to call your own number from its current phone (SIM) to have voicemail prompt for set-up. It will use your minutes, but is unavoidable.
    Last edited by mframe; 10-01-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    mframe,
    Thanks for your suggestions. I have set up voice mail many times before and this time the system would not recognize the phone, even though it works for calls. Yes, the voice mail was reset 3 times, deleted 3 times, and re-installed 3 times.

Today, voice mail is working because a real engineer acted upon the trouble ticket(s). It appears they deleted the whole account, then re-installed it, and after that the voice mail was able to be set up. Yes, Voice Mail requires setup to be done through the actual phone to set up a password, which uses minutes. All other setup functions (outgoing message, password function, name, etc.) can be done from a separate phone which does not use minutes.

To T-Mobile's credit, the agent (3rd one) who said she would call 24 hours later, did indeed call to tell me the voice mail was now working. Third time's the charm...but it shouldn't be that way.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Glad to hear it got resolved. So they deleted the whole account, but you were able to get your Gold Rewards back?

P.S. I actually figured you were familiar with setting up voicemail. I had not seen many posts from you lately, but I remember seeing many posts from you back in the day, when I was a newer user. You joined about a year before me.