Thread: Verizon roaming in Pittsburg Nh

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Verizon roaming in Pittsburg Nh

Question about Verizon Extended Network roaming in Pittsburg Nh. Which carrier are we roaming off and is there a limit to how much data we can roam?

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I think it's very likely the roaming partner is US Cellular.

Verizon has no data roaming limits; they don't even have a "50% rule" like a lot of carriers (who can terminate your service, or cut roaming, if over 50% of data, text, or voice minutes are roaming for 2 or 3 months in a row.) Do be aware, the recent unlimited plans do limit roaming speed to 128kbps! As far as I know, LTEiRA (LTE in Rural Areas) roaming partners are full-speed but USCellular is not LTEiRA.

There were a few people a year or two back whose plans were terminated, but they were using grandfathered unlimited data plans as home internet in roaming areas, using 100s of GBs a month of roaming data every single month with no on-network data whatsoever.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think you're right. I'm only here for a few days and I've used a few gb. Currently have one of the new unlimited plans and so far no slow down or restrictions.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I thought they were now limiting domestic roaming to 2G in unlimited plans. Has this changed ?

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    If you are getting high-speed data there, way up north near the Canada border, it is likely from Wireless Partners. They have a LTEiRA agreement with Verizon.

https://www.wireless-partnersllc.com/

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLink View Post
    I thought they were now limiting domestic roaming to 2G in unlimited plans. Has this changed ?
    It's "2G speed" , 128kbps throttle. It's not limited to 2GB or a 2G connection, you'll be rockin' along (yeah...) on 4G LTE at 128kbps if they've got it and 3g or 1x otherwise.

LTEiRA areas had been treated as native (and not throttled apparently) but are now apparently showing as extended network (but I don't know if they are now throttled too or not.)

Sent from my BBB100-3 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    It's "2G speed" , 128kbps throttle. It's not limited to 2GB or a 2G connection, you'll be rockin' along (yeah...) on 4G LTE at 128kbps if they've got it and 3g or 1x otherwise.

LTEiRA areas had been treated as native (and not throttled apparently) but are now apparently showing as extended network (but I don't know if they are now throttled too or not.)

Sent from my BBB100-3 using HoFo mobile app
    Yeah that’s what I meant! The speed not the network indicator, I should have been more clear.

If the partner was US Cellular, I don’t think they are part of their LTEiRA deal, but Verizon does have a roaming deal with them. That’s why I was suggesting the 2G speeds.