Thread: Can TMFL Alcatel Pixi Unite be reactivated?

Feedback Score

Can TMFL Alcatel Pixi Unite be reactivated?

I have a GSM/AT&T TMFL Alcatel Pixi Unite (A466BG) and wonder if it can be reactivated or would it no longer be allowed on TF? It's 4g.

If it could be reactivated it would need a new SIM?

Would it still have TMFL benefits?

It's a small 4" screen and despite its 8gb memory limits, it's a pretty good phone.

My Alcatel Zip was never activated and is GSM. If I could adapt its SIM to the Pixi, could it be used to reactivate the Pixi? Would it hurt the TMFL benefits?

The reason I ask is that a chat rep said the My Flip and the ZTE Z233VL flip don't triple basic plan cards, they load at face value (60/60/60). They said the exception is if I activate the flip with a transfer from a phone with TMFL benefits. I didn't know those transfer from one phone to another. My current active TF isn't a TMFL phone but I can get tripled values on it if I buy basic plan cards at the TF website. It's a Samsung Luna Pro.

Sent from my Z353VL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Yes.......

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I thought maybe it was too old now.

If someone wanted a basic small screen smartphone, its 4" size might work but it does at 8gb have limitations to what apps can be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Yes.......

Feedback Score
    If the Pixi Unite was originally TMFL it should retain that with reactivation. I will need a replacement SIM. Ask if TF will send you one.

Yes, non-TMFL phones can get that feature if service is transferred from an active TMFL phone. Even works with BYOP, but can be iffy. Mine sometimes shows the Basic cards in the My Account phone app, but usually does not on the website. Never tried to buy one, as I don't use Basic cards.

Feedback Score
    TF Alex said the Pixi Unite will not be compatible with the new upgraded network.

It was a good phone...

Sent from my SM-S327VL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    TF Alex said the Pixi Unite will not be compatible with the new upgraded network.
    Huh? If your Pixi Unite is GSM, it has nothing to do with Verizon's network upgrade. AT&T dropped support for 2G phone about 2 years ago, but you said your Unite is 4G.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score

It was a good phone...
    What "new upgraded network"?

The Alcatel Pixi Unite A466BG supports 4G LTE and uses the AT&T network, right? If yes, then all you need is to insert an activated TF AT&T SIM card, and it will work!

I don't think that TF Alex guy has any idea what's going on most of the time! Most of his PMs are confusing and are often wrong.

I think TF Alex needs to STOP sending PMs! Instead, he needs to post out in the open like normal people!

That way, any information TF Alex provides can be seen by everyone and, if necessary, corrected by forum members that actually know what's going on!

Feedback Score
    If "Alex" says something in public, it could be regarded as a spokesperson.

That could be a disaster for TF.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I know that on Tracfone's forums and even their other branding forums, all they say is that "we need to take this issue offline" or "please check your forum inbox for a message" or something like that. So it is really hard to get them to reply with an answer into forums posts.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    With so much misinformation sent by TF Alex over the years via PMs, it would be LESS disastrous to TF to either just STOP or post in the forum so there can be a discussion. As it is now, unsuspecting/ignorant HoFo members are getting wrong info from a supposed TF rep via PM and if the HoFo member doesn't post in the open forum about what TF Alex told them, they won't know that the info provided was WRONG!

This is why I don't personally like technical or specific plan questions via PM. Because I WANT other forum members to see my answers, so I can be corrected if I happen to be wrong!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    What "new upgraded network"?

The Alcatel Pixi Unite A466BG supports 4G LTE and uses the AT&T network, right? If yes, then all you need is to insert an activated TF AT&T SIM card, and it will work!
    It could be a prediction of an upcoming AT&T ban on new activations for non-VoLTE phones. Cricket (AT&T owned) is planning on this for mid-2020.

"Cricket Wireless will prevent new activations of non-VoLTE devices from working on the network beginning in 2020. Customers who activate a non-VoLTE BYOD device prior to mid-2020 can continue to use this device with uninterrupted Cricket service until the 3G network shutdown in early 2022."

Similar to the Verizon timetable for MVNOs. They specify BYOD, as everything they have been selling has been VoLTE for a while.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the input! I figured it must be that although the Pixi is 4g LTE, like my TMFL Cymbal T, it's not specified as VoLTE capable and TF may be planning on (AT&T actually since Pixi Unite is TF AT&T APN) discontinuing service for any phone that can't do HD or VoLTE... Alex didn't say that, he just said it wouldn't be compatible with service upgrades.

It did enter my mind that maybe it could be reactivated but then no longer work once these unspecified upgrades take place.

Quote from message:

WheelieBoot. This is Alex from TracFone Wireless. We read your post and want to share some helpful information. Please be advised that we are upgrading our network by the end of the year. Sadly, the Alcatel Pixi Unite phone will no longer work with our new network. Should you have further queries or clarifications, feel free to chat with us

Feedback Score
    It did enter my mind that maybe it could be reactivated but then no longer work once these unspecified upgrades take place.
    I see no imminent indication that non-VoLTE phones will not activate on AT&T. Maybe in June as Cricket has specified. If you get one activated, it should run until 2022 unless they change the date.