Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Page Plus Cellular customer with a warning if you buy a phone from Page Plus

Device(s)
    iPhone 4s, Samsumg Galaxy S6 Edge+
    Feedback Score

Page Plus Cellular customer with a warning if you buy a phone from Page Plus

I have been a Page Plus Cellular customer for a number of years. First I had an iPhone 4s and then an iPhone 7. Both of those phones were on the basic Pay-As-You-Go (PayGo) Plan which has been perfect for me,

A couple of weeks ago I decided to treat myself to an iPhone 11 Pro because of the greatly improved camera. (If you are curious about those camera improvements, I suggest you do a google search on “computational photography”.)

I went to the Page Plus Cellular website, clicked shop > phones and scrolled down. Yup, there is the iPhone 11 Pro for the standard retail price of $999 (ouch!). I placed my order for that phone. To help justify spending that much on a phone I will point out that my earlier phones were bought used on Craig’s List.

The new iPhone 11 Pro phone arrived and included a Page Plus Cellular “Keep Your Own Phone” 4G LTE sim kit. It certainly seems to me that Page Plus is representing that I can activate my new iPhone on their system. Otherwise, why send me one of their sim cards?

I put the appropriate size sim card in my new phone and called Page Plus to activate. Things headed south quickly.

I called Page Plus 3 times and spoke with 3 different reps. On the last call I asked to speak with a supervisor and was able to do so. Everyone I spoke with was patient and courteous. Here is what I learned.

1. They have no record that I purchased the iPhone 11 Pro from them.

The last transaction they show on my credit card is when I paid them $12 to refill my PayGo account. Their order numbers have 8 digits. The order number on my phone receipt has 6 digits. My receipt says “Fulfillment by Quality One Wireless”. I confirmed with the supervisor that is a Page Plus Cellular affiliate.

2. IMEI

I gave them the IMEI of the new phone and they said that it was not compatible with their system. When I pressed them, they said my phone could not be activated on their system since the IMEI showed that my iPhone 11 Pro did not have VoLTE. First, even without looking at the specs for my phone you have to believe that a $999 state-of-the-art phone is going to have all the bells and whistles. Second, the specs for my phone show that it certainly does have VoLTE.

3. List of phones for sale on Page Plus Cellular website

I see 50+ phones for sale via the link on the Page Plus Cellular website. When the supervisor went to their own website and drilled down on phones for sale he saw about 6-8 phones. Of course the phone I bought did not appear on the *much* shorter list of phones that the supervisor saw.

Perhaps I missed it, but none of the recent posts I skimmed through here in the Page Plus subforum, nor the relevant wiki pages, shed any light on my experience.

If there is some way to activate my iPhone 11 Pro on Page Plus Cellular I hope someone can spare a moment to point me in the right direction. Remember - I bought the phone from Page Plus and already have their sim card.

Ultimately if I cannot activate my phone on Page Plus then I will be looking for the next cheapest way to activate the phone on the Verizon network.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just looked the PagePlus site. I only see 6 phones: Moto G6, iPhone 6S, LG Stylo 3, LG Premier Pro LTE, Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit, and Alcatel MyFlip. I even see the SIM kits. As for “Quality One Wireless,” if I remember right, that is who ships the phones for Tracfone. I see “Quality One Wireless” has a link to a different store page for PagePlus then what is on PagePlus. It is the same for the other Tracfone brand pages.

As for the SIM card, you get a new SIM for all Tracfone based phones. The weird thing is the IMEI. Verizon and Verizon MVNOs needs to have the phone to have a clean IMEI to activate since Verizon's system uses the IMEI. You could try swapping in your old phone's SIM card since it should work. I know some of the other Tracfone brands link the phone's IMEI to the SIM number. I have heard that is not the case for PagePlus, but I am not sure tho.

Hopefully this helps out. If not, you can ask more questions

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    You only see 6 phones.
    Weird!

I am using a windows 10 desktop and tried 3 browsers.
    Firefox, Chrome, Explorer.
    They all show 50+ phones for sale.

With the new sim card in my iPhone 11 Pro the settings tab shows 2 IMEI numbers. One is for the phone and one is for the sim card.
    I will put the Page Plus sim from my iPhone 7 into my iPhone 11 Pro and try to activate tomorrow using the IMEI from my old sim card.

Thanks for the idea. I will report the outcome.

Carrier(s)
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    I see the iphone 11 pro on PP website along with the large number of other phones, chrome browser. They better activate a phone that they sell.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Is this the URL that you have for the PagePlus phones: https://www.pagepluscellular.com/phones/

Edit: I just tried that page in private browsing window, and I see lots more phones now. So that page is weird.
    Last edited by advcomp2019; 10-03-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, the PP webpage I see with the 50+ phones is https://www.pagepluscellular.com/phones/.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    If PPC claims they didn't sell you the phone, maybe they didn't charge you for the phone? That would be great, right!?

Anyway, did you try activating on PPC with the OTHER IMEI on that iPhone 11? As I understand it, the IMEI for the eSIM probably won't work with Vzw MVNOs.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    When I was trying to active my new iPhone 11 I asked the reps if they wanted the IMEI of my phone or the IMEI of the PP sim card. They said they wanted the IMEI of the phone so that is what I gave them.

A bit later this morning I will try activating using the PP online activation process and the sim card IMEI. Stay tuned...

And here is a new insight regarding the phones that PP sells.
    When I go to https://www.pagepluscellular.com/phones/ the first phone I see is the Moto G6. If I click that phone then I go directly to the details for that phone.

By contrast, when I start at https://www.pagepluscellular.com/phones/ and scroll down to the iPhone 11 Pro and click that phone then I see a popup that says:

YOU ARE NOW LEAVING THE PAGE PLUS SITE
    You are being directed to our independent distributor to shop for your phone.
    Independent distributor stores ARE ONLY A VENUE which acts as an online marketplace for you to find and transact with merchants of cell phones. Page Plus is not a party to any transaction you may make with an independent distributor. Page Plus does not have any responsibility for, or liability related to, any products or services bought through independent distributors. You should direct any questions, complaints or claims related to any products or service to the appropriate independent distributor. Page Plus does not endorse, warrant or guarantee the products or services of any independent distributor.

Here is the direct link to the iPhone 11 Pro they are selling.
    https://www.pageplusphonestore.com/A...ne-11-Pro.html

If I am not able to activate the phone myself via the online process then I will contact the "independent distributor" where I bought the phone and see if they can help.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelf View Post
    When I was trying to active my new iPhone 11 I asked the reps if they wanted the IMEI of my phone or the IMEI of the PP sim card. They said they wanted the IMEI of the phone so that is what I gave them.

A bit later this morning I will try activating using the PP online activation process and the sim card IMEI. Stay tuned...

When I go to https://www.pagepluscellular.com/phones/ the first phone I see is the Moto G6. If I click that phone then I go directly to the details for that phone.

By contrast, when I start at https://www.pagepluscellular.com/phones/ and scroll down to the iPhone 11 Pro and click that phone then I see a popup that says:

Independent distributor stores ARE ONLY A VENUE which acts as an online marketplace for you to find and transact with merchants of cell phones. Page Plus is not a party to any transaction you may make with an independent distributor. Page Plus does not have any responsibility for, or liability related to, any products or services bought through independent distributors. You should direct any questions, complaints or claims related to any products or service to the appropriate independent distributor. Page Plus does not endorse, warrant or guarantee the products or services of any independent distributor.

If I am not able to activate the phone myself via the online process then I will contact the "independent distributor" where I bought the phone and see if they can help.
    I hope I'm right and providing that other IMEI will be all that's needed. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    If PPC claims they didn't sell you the phone, maybe they didn't charge you for the phone? That would be great, right!?

Anyway, did you try activating on PPC with the OTHER IMEI on that iPhone 11? As I understand it, the IMEI for the eSIM probably won't work with Vzw MVNOs.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    The IMEI # is 15 digits - don't use the esim imei.
    The SIM card # is 20 digits ( you were calling it the IMEI # as well )
    They will need both of these

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelf View Post

After looking at it today, I see what was going on with https://www.pagepluscellular.com/phones/. The first six phones are from https://www.pagepluscellular.com/. While all the other phones are from https://www.pageplusphonestore.com/. The reason that I could not see it at start is all the other phones are on the other site, and I have cross-site scripting disabled due to NoScript. Once I allowed pageplusphonestore.com, I can see all the other phones on that page.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    I tried the online activation with
    phone IMEI
    sim IMEI
    phone MEID
    sim card number

Nothing worked.

The sim kit I received is labeled "4G LTE sim kit".
    But I suspect that sim does not support VoLTE and that is the reason I cannot activate.

With that sim card in the phone, when I do settings > cellular then the first line I see says "Cellular Data” (on/off slider).

My understanding is that first line should say: “Voice and data”.
    Tapping that choice will display 3 options:
    4G VoLTE on
    4G VoLTE off
    3G

But since I have the wrong sim card, I never see those options.

I sent a message to the place I bought the phone and requested a new sim with VoLTE support.
    Their support staff just replied on email so hopefully a solution can be found.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I'm 99.99% sure that the SIM card you received supports VoLTE.

You could try an online chat with PPC.

In a notepad program, just to avoid mistakes while on a chat, type out the IMEI of the SIM card slot of the new phone (not the eSIM IMEI).

Then type out the new ICCID.

Double check the info you typed.

Then initiate a chat with PPC.

Tell them you want to transfer your service to a new phone. Provide them with whatever info they need from your old phone. Copy and paste the new IMEI and ICCID into the chat window when they ask for it.

Please report back.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I have had old Verizon based SIMs that still support VoLTE. It is just a SIM provisioning to the SIM/account. Then the phone reads the SIM provisioning unless the phone does not have support for that provisioning. Shortly before Tracfone stopped activating non-VoLTE phones, I tried my older Galaxy Grand Prime which does not have VoLTE, but the SIM had VoLTE because if I put the SIM in another phone that does support VoLTE, VoLTE does work. Since then, I can't try the Grand Prime again since they will not me use it due to no VoLTE support.

So there is no special SIM for VoLTE.

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    I tried to activate via online chat.

Got the same answer. The chat tech said my iPhone 11 Pro is not compatible with PP for the reason that it does not support VoLTE and therefore cannot be activated.

I respectfully observed that their database is wrong. Chat tech said they were escalating my issue up the chain of command.
    I asked what happens next and how can I stay in the loop.
    Did not get a real answer to that.
    ----------------------------

Meanwhile, I supplied info to the support tech where I bought the phone.
    His conclusion is that the whatever system PP is using to check the IMEI numbers has bad data since they should be able to activate my phone.
    I asked if he could light a fire under PP to get them to fix their database.
    No reply yet.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast