Thread: 3g phones still accepted?

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

3g phones still accepted?

I still see a bunch of verizon gusto 2 and 3's on ebay. Some are used (so 1 month or 6 month usage period probably passed), others are completely new. Many are part of completed/sold listings. If verizon is no longer accepting 3g devices, what are buyers doing with these?

Feedback Score
    Putting them in a drawer while cursing themselves for being duped into buying a phone that cannot be activated. There are always going to be unscrupulous people eager to take money from unsuspecting people. My father has no clue about cell phones and 3G or 4G. Without me, he would have been one of the ones who might buy that Gusto phone without knowing better if he needed to replace his current one. and he's not alone, there are many people out there who aren't aware of the CDMA shutdown and its effects regarding ceasing activation of non-compliant phones.

Unlike a flip phone which is pretty much useless unless activated, I have bought smartphones that I never intended to activate. A couple of Ultimate 2s. LG Lucky. I especially love the old Lucky phones as I still use them as MP3 players. They're small and compact. I have them connected to Bluetooth speakers around the house. I take them on walks as well as when traveling. I use them so I don't run down my regular phone battery when I want to listen to music. If they had more up-to-date Lucky size phones I would buy them now in a heartbeat with zero intentions on activating them.

Feedback Score
    Yep, there have been phones for sale on eBay before that were obsolete. The sellers never put in a disclaimer stating this. Some just don't know.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm trying to figure out what to do with one I got here. Activated on vzw prepaid some time ago to test out the validation period but never actually used. Still has the front/inside screen protectors.

I suppose it can be flashed to use on sprint until they sunset their 3g network.

Still, if a buyer buys a device that can't be activated then they just complain and get their $$ back. I remember having such a buyer with a USCC device. Buyer bought it to replace a vzw flip. He tried to raise hell with ebay, but the listing never claimed it was compatible with vzw, just uscc. I think ebay still refunded him but it didn't come out of my account.