Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TF Stylo 3 LGL84VL activation question

Feedback Score

TF Stylo 3 LGL84VL activation question

I want to activate my TF Stylo 3 and wonder if anyone has one, is it VoLTE capable? With the SIM in, it shows 3g by the signal bars. Advanced calling has a switch for HD voice (grayed out). Nothing under call settings about Voice over LTE. Under About Phone, Mobile Network Type, it's EvDo-rev.A. Android OS 7.0.

Sent from my Z353VL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    It's showing only 3G because that's all it can read off the tower when unactivated.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I want to activate my TF Stylo 3 and wonder if anyone has one, is it VoLTE capable? With the SIM in, it shows 3g by the signal bars. Advanced calling has a switch for HD voice (grayed out). Nothing under call settings about Voice over LTE. Under About Phone, Mobile Network Type, it's EvDo-rev.A. Android OS 7.0.

Yes, it is VoLTE capable. It will be turned on with the activation and the HD voice will no longer be grayed out. Activation will also give you VVM, so put the VM app icon on the home screen (you will get a notification up top when you have to turn on data for a very short time to retrieve the VM).
    When you go to make a call the green call button will have HD displayed and it will also show HD by the phone numbers in the call log.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    It's showing only 3G because that's all it can read off the tower when unactivated.
    That's a relief because I'm within a mile of the towers. I'm going to try to finish the activation tomorrow. Today it got curtailed by system issues at the CSR's end.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Yes, it is VoLTE capable. It will be turned on with the activation and the HD voice will no longer be grayed out. Activation will also give you VVM, so put the VM app icon on the home screen (you will get a notification up top when you have to turn on data for a very short time to retrieve the VM).
    When you go to make a call the green call button will have HD displayed and it will also show HD by the phone numbers in the call log.
    Thanks for the info. I haven't had VVM on any of my phones. I've read a little about it here at the group. If everything goes okay with activation, I'll look forward to using the phone. it's the nicest one I've had so far although the Moto e5 is slick.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I haven't had VVM on any of my phones. I've read a little about it here at the group.
    I am a huge fan of VVM compared to the klutzy Basic VM, but it has been controversial. If a phone handles it properly it is so easy to use. Any questions, please ask.

Some background:
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ual+voice+mail

Feedback Score
    The activation finished before noon today but their system was having trouble so it got escalated to someone higher up whose computer must have been working better. I expected it to be straightforward so I used my new flip to talk to them during the process and it's down to 78 minutes. Should've used my Samsung because it has way more minutes but I wanted to test my new ZTE's call quality. No problems there.

Back to the Stylo...

The HD calling is on and the HD symbol is next to all of my contacts. Yay!

It says 4g next to the signal strength icon (5 bars this close to the VZ towers) and under About Phone it says LTE for network type.

I haven't found any mention of VoLTE under advanced call settings just HD but if others here have experience with the Stylo 3 and theirs did VoLTE then it must be capable. VZ wouldn't have activated it if it couldn't with the deadline coming, I'm sure. I just wonder why it doesn't say Voice over LTE preferred, or something like it.

TF Alex sent this message:

Hi WheelieBoot. This is Alex from TracFone Wireless. We read your post and want to help address your query. The LG Stylo 3 is VoLTE enabled. Once activated, the VoLTE option will be enabled under Settings. Should you have further queries or concerns, do not hesitate to chat with us...

Well I didn't see it under the phone settings after it became active, but let's assume it does...

Thankyou for the info, those who posted, about VVM too. I haven't gotten info on that yet but if I need to ask any questions I will post.

Sent from my LGL84VL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Not all phones say VoLTE. In settings some will say HD, some Enhanced LTE. Don't know what you'd would have but you mentioned yours had an HD setting.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If I remember right, LG phones use Advanced Calling in the menus and HD calling is the setting for VoLTE.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    If I remember right, LG phones use Advanced Calling in the menus and HD calling is the setting for VoLTE.
    My wife's LG Fiesta 2 has VoLTE on TF/T-mobile. The setting is in Settings>Call.

My LG Q6 is on TF/AT&T which doesn't have VoLTE. The only LTE setting is in Mobile Networks>Network Mode.

Name:  LG-Fiesta-VoLTE-setting.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  23.7 KB

Name:  LG-Q6-Network-Mode-setting.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  20.8 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    My wife's LG Fiesta 2 has VoLTE on TF/T-mobile. The setting is in Settings>Call.

My LG Q6 is on TF/AT&T which doesn't have VoLTE. The only LTE setting is in Mobile Networks>Network Mode.

Name:  LG-Fiesta-VoLTE-setting.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  23.7 KB

Name:  LG-Q6-Network-Mode-setting.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  20.8 KB
    The call settings on my Stylo 3 look like the Fiesta's except VoLTE setting/switch is missing from the list.

Feedback Score
    Here's a screenshot of my Stylo's call settings.Name:  Capture%2B_call..jpg
Views: 93
Size:  20.3 KB

Feedback Score
    Here's my Stylo 3 Advanced Calling screen. HD setting is all it shows.Name:  Capture%2B_AdvanceCall..jpg
Views: 99
Size:  14.6 KB

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Turn off wi-fi. Turn on Data. Make a call to a phone number that will not hang up on you. While on this call attempt to go online using data. If you can call and use the internet at the same time with Verizon service, you have VoLTE.
    GSM has always had this ability, so it cannot be used as a test for VoLTE.

If you are trying to conserve data, then first turn on wi-fi and let the normal automatic downloading items finish first, then turn off wi-fi and turn on data. This also applies when downloading VVM, which can only be done over data.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast