Thread: Activate on Pageplus first then on Tracfone 3 months later?

Carrier(s)
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score

Activate on Pageplus first then on Tracfone 3 months later?

Can I buy a new phone bundle from HSN or QVC and activate the phone with Pageplus initially and then after 3 months activate on Tracfone and use the one year service plan that came with the bundle?
    Need to do this because I have 3 to 4 months left on my PP service plan and I need a new phone right away to replace a dying phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I’ve not read about someone doing what you propose, but it seems like it might be technically feasible, since Page Plus is owned by Tracfone.
    I think it would be a process of “rebranding” the phone to a sister TF company, in this case TF > PP, then in 3-4 mos, PP > TF
    The phone itself and the air service time are bundled together, so when activated, the minutes text data are added automatically- don’t think you can save them for the time when you start on Tracfone service.
    It would be easier to buy a phone separately to use on PP for a few months, the start as a BYOP on Tracfone, porting your phone #, buying a one year TF bundle from the TF ebay store for $49.

Feedback Score
    Yes, with a bundle deal, the phone IMEI is tied to the bonus service. If you activate on PP first it may kill the bundle.

There is a free Alcatel TCL LX phone on the Tracfone website. You have to buy a $15 plan, but that can be used elsewhere. It will activate on PP, then could be used as a backup. I have one for that purpose, and it's a surprisingly good phone. Refurb Tracfones are always like new.
    https://shop.tracfone.com/shop/en/tr...-reconditioned

You must have just bought a PP Standard plan. How much invested?

Carrier(s)
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys for responding so quick.
    I've been on the PP $80 standard plan for many years and been through many phones. Last phone was a Motorola Moto G which started to crap out recently and now on a temporary refurb ZTE Majesty ProPlus from Tracfone. Problem with the ZTE is the gps does not work and I need it run HERE We Go a gps app that doesn't use data but uses satellite instead. So I need a temporary phone to use up the 4 months that I have left on PP. A friend of mine also need a phone to use up the $70 that he has left on his standard plan.
    Will the LG Rebel 3 still work after the end of this years when Verizon is going to terminate their CDMA? The LG is selling for $10 without having to buy a plan, so will save me $5 there.

@loboheeler, what part of the Gold Country are you at? I pass through Sonora this weekend on the way to the Clark Fork for a little backpacking.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ken1908 View Post
    @loboheeler, what part of the Gold Country are you at? I pass through Sonora this weekend on the way to the Clark Fork for a little backpacking.
    I live far from that area up near Grass Valley. Right next to the Empire Mine, which was the largest hard rock gold mine in California. There are three mines here, and one still has a lot of gold in it. These are huge and go down 1500 ft. The authorities will not allow it to be opened up again. Most of the gold in CA was in the rivers and was removed with sluicing and hydraulic.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Did you have any success with activating the new TF on PP? I've been wanting to do the same. Thanks.