Thread: Experiences with auto-refill?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Experiences with auto-refill?

Hi. It's getting time to renew the service days on my phone. Tracfone no longer offers one-year service only cards for my BYOP so I'm back to buying 90 day cards as the simplest option. I'm thinking about going the auto-refill route, as I'd save a small amount of money and, more importantly, not have to worry about forgetting to renew and lose my service. I'd like to do the same for my wife's phone as well. So I want to ask you guys: Is Tracfone auto-refill a good or bad idea? Are there any pitfalls or caveats I should watch out for?

Thanks for your time.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you have not heard of the latest offering, here it is for your consideration.
    Tracfone e-Bay store 1200/1200/3000 & 365 days for $49.99 + tax, ships free.
    When it asks for you to select the carrier, you MUST select I AM NOT SURE
    You will then receive a complete SIM kit and a separate airtime card that can be directly added to your phone(s).
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...SJBzfhGAVTRodQ

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Wow, I had no idea. This is even cheaper what what I was doing before. Do I just put in the sim card and it adds everything to my account? It won't change my number?

Why is it important to select I AM NOT SURE as my carrier?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Bob View Post
    Wow, I had no idea. This is even cheaper what what I was doing before. Do I just put in the sim card and it adds everything to my account? It won't change my number?

Thanks!

Choose the "I am not sure" option so that a separate time card will be shipped with the sims.
    Otherwise, the time will be loaded onto the sim and you will have to transfer to the new sim.

Feedback Score
    I had auto-refill recently and it worked well. It doesn't wait until the last minute. It refills a couple days in advance.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Bob View Post

Thanks!
    Selecting I AM NOT SURE leaves Tracfone not knowing onto which of the three tri-cut SIMS to load the 1200/1200/3000/365, so Tracfone MUST send the airtime card. In other words, never specify the carrier or all you will receive is one tri-cut SIM for that carrier with the airtime set to be automatically added upon its activation.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    There is a second listing that appears to be selling only the airtime. But I will not recommend something no one has tested and reported on yet.
    As is often the case, Tracfone includes a ton of contradictory information that we buyers must sort out to determine what you will actually receive.

Feedback Score
    I think someone tried the second listing and it was the same as I am not sure but it was a couple months ago.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, everyone. This is exactly the sort of wisdom I come here for.