Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any Dual SIM Phone W/ Band 71 & 2 Physical SIM Card Slots?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm...the comments below the announcement post at https://community.umidigi.com/forum....d=18889&page=2 don't seem too flattering to Umidigi. But the phone looks SO good on paper...

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    For anything more expensive than $100, I'd wait for it to be available on Amazon prime so you can have 30-60 day no questions asked returns. New phone like this, you can always get a lemon.

Time and aggravation is money too.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for the advice. I'm sure it's the best thing to do.

In thinking more about the Umidigi F2, it seems like an incredible phone, at least on paper.

On paper, it actually ticks everything I've been looking for with my multiple dual SIM phone threads over the last 3 years.

I see now that it's missing wireless charging, but I never previously mentioned that as a desired feature, although it would certainly be nice to have.

The F2 is one of the first new model phones to come with stock Android 10. However, I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that for the first time in Android history, Android 10 doesn't have a tasty dessert name to accompany it. 😱

If only the F2 cameras can live up to anywhere near what should be their potential, especially the "48MP primary camera, Samsung GM1, 1/2'' image sensor, 1.6μm 4-in-1 super pixel, F/1.79 aperture, 6-element lens" main rear camera and the "S5KGD1, 1.6μm 4-in-1 super pixel, F/2.0 aperture, 5-element lens" front camera.

The F2 LTE band support is really incredible, especially since it now includes 66 and 71.

2 + 1 slot, dual Nano-SIM card PLUS dedicated microSD card slot, is something that only a few recent dual SIM phones support. As someone mentioned in one of my prior threads, it might not be as important with large built-in storage, and the F2 has 128GB (!), but I still really like that it's there!

Of course, the 6GB RAM, 5150mAh battery with 18 watt fast charging, NFC, and 6.53'' notchless full screen display with a pinhole for the front camera are also great features for a phone at this price.

I almost feel like I HAVE to buy a F2 to support Umidigi's efforts. I want all the great features they are trying to include, and I appreciate that the Helio P70 processor is lower end, but still very usable for non-gaming, to keep the price low. I hope they don't turn out like OnePlus where the price skyrockets after they get more commercial success.

If I do actually end up buying the F2, it will be the most expensive phone I've ever purchased, but for the first time, it seems like, for me, it might be worth the cost.

Feedback Score
    Looks like the main camera is the same as the F1 play. So there are reviews and samples out there. Seems decent especially for a $200 phone. Similar camera to the redmi note 7

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    There's almost 200 user posts on their F1 phone link below. Probably at this point like buying a Kia when they first came out. It works but there are a few more issues than with more established brands.

Complaints on the camera seem to be the most voiced.

Several posts mention being ripped off on aliexpress.

https://www.gsmarena.com/_umidigi_f1-reviews-9524p2.php

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Just buy through Amazon prime when it's available. No hassle return.

Even the latest model Samsung or Apple has lemons. And these are $1000 phones. The umidigi and other's like them are significantly less so your expectations should match

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    The umidigi and other's like them are significantly less so your expectations should match

Which makes my Kia analogy right on the money.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I was close to making the purchase this morning, despite the above advice.

I guess the biggest thing that stopped me, at least for the moment, was seeing that aliexpress wanted to collect state sales tax. But I have little confidence that aliexpress would really give the sales tax collected to my state vs it just being extra profit to aliexpress.

Does anyone have any guess on much the F2 will cost when it finally reaches Amazon.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    It will probably be around the range of the F1 or F1 Play so I would figure around $189-219. They are constantly on sale though so maybe less. The extra you pay by going through Amazon is the time saved if you have to return the item. Peace of mind is money too.

I thought about buying from those overseas companies or through eBay but would only do it if it was a throw away item. I was targeting the Xiaomi Mix 2s earlier this year for about 365$ or 279 used. But ultimately stayed away because the price was still too high to take a flyer on a question mark.

Last edited by ShredFred; 10-14-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone used their Umidigi phone with the Hangouts app for phone calls?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    No Message
    Last edited by ShredFred; 10-15-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    If by some miracle the Pixel 3a hits $200 this Black Friday while I'm waiting for the Umidigi F2 to get to Amazon, I'll be awfully tempted to buy it instead.

That price might not be completely unreasonable, because the Pixel 3a was $249.99 with activation on Sprint at Best Buy again just last week.

Does anybody know if the Pixel 3a eSIM can be used with a T-Mobile data only plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    If by some miracle the Pixel 3a hits $200 this Black Friday while I'm waiting for the Umidigi F2 to get to Amazon, I'll be awfully tempted to buy it instead. That price might not be completely unreasonable, because the Pixel 3a was $249.99 with activation on Sprint at Best Buy again just last week. Does anybody know if the Pixel 3a eSIM can be used with a T-Mobile data only plan?
    see here - https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-39935 - not supported by T-Mobile

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    I don't see carriers being too enthused about esim or dual sim support in general.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    see here - https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-39935 - not supported by T-Mobile
    Oh, great.

But https://piunikaweb.com/2019/10/21/t-...-4-pixel-4-xl/ says T-Mo will support eSIM on Pixel 4!

Instructions here: https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast