Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Any Dual SIM Phone W/ Band 71 & 2 Physical SIM Card Slots?

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Don't buy this phone unless you are ready to do your own tech support but it's available on Amazon.com for 249$ with 15% off which would cover tax

Unlocked Smart Phone 2020, UMIDIGI F2 Side Fingerprint 48MP AI Quad Camera, 6.53'' FHD+ Smartphone 5150mAh RAM 6G ROM 128GB Fast Charging, Android 10 NFC,Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083LKCCZP..._lIDlEbDRJHT7B

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Is the bootloader unlocked on these Umdigi phones?

That's a whole lot of phone for $250 even if it is an off brand.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    They have root, twrp and maybe some roms for the F1. But it's status is uncertain. Same methods might work on other models.

I am hesitant to do it while there's a glimmer of hope that there will be future security updates. Also, my phone works okay and I have no outstanding issues.

But not much chatter on Xda-developers forum.

There is a umidigi forum on the internet but it's not too active or user friendly. Guess these are not a popular phones.

Last edited by ShredFred; 01-28-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    For anyone wanting to be Umidigi's beta tester, the Power 3 is available on Amazon.com for $199

UMIDIGI Power 3 6150mAh Monster Battery Unlock Cell Phone, 48MP Ultra Wide Macro Quad Camera, 6.53" FHD+ Android 10 Mobile 6G+64GB Phone 2 + 1 Card Slots, 18W Fast Charging(Support Reverse), Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083XJ1CPY..._.gFmEbV5J47RT

This has the Helio P60 cpu(same as in the F1) and states that has no support for Verizon or sprint. Yet it has their lte bands(4,13,25,26 and 41). And as it relates to this post, it has 2 sim and dedicated memory slot plus band 71.

But as I will be reminded, not everyone needs or wants a 6150 mah battery.

Sent from my iRulu Geoking Max 3 G36 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post

But as I will be reminded, not everyone needs or wants a 6150 mah battery.
    Not everyone *wants* it, but everyone needs it!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Well, I decided to go with a Pixel 3a when Best Buy and Amazon was offering a $100 gift card with purchase.

I really like the idea of the Umidigi F2, especially with dual SIM card AND microSD (3 total) slots, AND the very large battery.

But in the end, I guess I just wanted to have a more well-known, hopefully more reliable, with guaranteed Android version and security updates, and a proven one-of-the-best cell phone cameras, phone.

I actually ended up getting pretty lucky with my dealing with Best Buy. I ended up buying an "open box excellent" Pixel 3a XL for $300.99, which also came with a $100 Best Buy gift card, making the net $200.99, excluding sales tax. I also decided to buy an "open box excellent" Pixel 3a for $296.99 for my wife, also with a $100 Best Buy gift card, because she didn't want an XL sized phone, making the net $196.99, excluding sales tax.

Best Buy "open box excellent" is supposed to come with original packaging and accessories. The Pixel 3a XL did, even including original undisturbed paperwork and unopened accessories, and it appeared to be in perfect condition with no scratches. The Pixel 3a came in a GENERIC box, in bubble wrap, with NON-original charger and USB cable.

After a week of testing to make sure there were no issues with the 3a XL, I decided to keep it.

As soon as I saw that the 3a that arrived didn't have the original packaging or OEM accessories, I ordered a brand new 3a from Amazon for my wife.

The Amazon deal was even better for buying brand new compared to buying from Best Buy because Amazon charged separately for the 3a at $249, and $100 for the Amazon GC. So, including the $100 Amazon gift card, the total was $249, excluding sales tax. But Amazon charging for the items separately avoided sales tax on the $100 gift card, unlike the Best Buy deal.

Anyway, what happened when I returned the not-as-described "open box excellent" Pixel 3a to the local Best Buy store was that I only got a refund for $196.99 because of the included $100 gift card.

I later called the Best Buy 800 # and complained that it was sold as a package deal, so they couldn't rightfully NOT give me a refund for the included $100 gift card. Fortunately the phone rep agreed, but said he had no way to cancel and refund the gift card. However, since I had purchased and was keeping the 3a XL, he said he would simply refund another $100 back on THAT purchase, and I could keep BOTH gift cards!

So, thanks to the Best Buy system that couldn't correctly cancel and refund the $100 gift card for the returned 3a, I essentially got the "open box excellent" 3a XL for $100.96, excluding sales tax, which is $300.96-$100-$100 (including the two $100 Best Buy gift cards)!

So, at this point, I feel really lucky for the deals I got, and I hope the Pixel 3a phones turn out to be good phones and as durable as my LG Phoenix 2, Moto E4, and my wife's Moto G4 Play were!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post

My goal is to have use of both a 1GB/mo FP AT&T LTE SIM ($2.92/mo) AND a T-Mobile 2GB/mo LTE data only SIM ($10/mo) in the same phone to not only provide sufficient monthly data for my needs from both SIMs combined, but to also have two different cellular networks available, in addition to the T-Mo data availability while in Canada.
    Boz1, which T-Mobile 2GB data only plan are you on? If I understand correctly, the postpaid plan called Mobile Internet (TI) is $10 all in, no additional taxes/fees, and includes low speed international roaming, while the prepaid version does not include the overseas roaming. I am now on a 3 month Mint mobile free plan and still trying to decide if my local/regional T-Mo coverage is good enough to completely forgo voice minutes and just rely on Google Voice with T-Mo and WiFi data. I don't do a lot of international travel but it would be clean and convenient to not have to worry about purchasing and swapping local or "travel" SIM cards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ejlmd View Post
    Boz1, which T-Mobile 2GB data only plan are you on? If I understand correctly, the postpaid plan called Mobile Internet (TI) is $10 all in, no additional taxes/fees, and includes low speed international roaming, while the prepaid version does not include the overseas roaming. I am now on a 3 month Mint mobile free plan and still trying to decide if my local/regional T-Mo coverage is good enough to completely forgo voice minutes and just rely on Google Voice with T-Mo and WiFi data. I don't do a lot of international travel but it would be clean and convenient to not have to worry about purchasing and swapping local or "travel" SIM cards.
    I'm on some kind of organization-only T-Mobile postpaid plan that somebody that works for the government was able to get for me. It is $9.66/mo after a 15% discount, but including taxes/fees. It includes 2GB/mo LTE in the US, Canada, and Mexico, and then unlimited 128Kbps after the 2GB LTE, and also unlimited 128Kbps in most other international locations.

I sometimes wish I had a little more T-Mobile data, but I supplement it with a FP AT&T LTE 1GB/mo annual plan that I get for $34.99, or $2.83/mo, which I use in an old FP Unite hotspot. I don't have WiFi at work, but 3GB/mo (2+1) is enough data for my LTE data needs, and that setup provides me with the ability to use both the AT&T and T-Mobile networks. I buy the FP AT&T LTE plans when they go on sale for 30% off at Target or Best Buy, and I try to keep one or two extra on hand at all times, just in case the sales stop happening and/or I decide to give one to somebody that needs it.

I have visions of eventually getting the T-Mobile 2GB/mo LTE data plan on the eSIM in my Pixel 3a XL, and then using the FP SIMs in the actual SIM card slot, eliminating the need for the Unite hotspot, but that might just be wishful dreaming. There are also advantages to having the separate Unite hotspot available for occasional use connecting with other devices that I might miss. I'll just have to wait to see what the future might hold in that regard.

You might already know this, but if not, or for others that might be reading this, I'll add that I have used VoIP only since March, 2017, mostly with GV + Hangouts, for all of my calls and messaging, and it works well enough for me, and I love the flexibility VoIP provides. I also occasionally use TextNow, FB Messenger, and Viber, depending on who I'm communicating with.

Also, just to add another data point, I had circumstances several months ago when I was transitioning to a new home internet where for two months in a row I used up all 3GB of my LTE data, and GV + Hangouts worked just fine at the T-Mobile 128Kbps throttled data speed.

I'm aware that T-Mobile data probably isn't as good everywhere as it is for my areas of travel. But I'm pretty happy with VoIP, and the flexibility it provides, so even if I moved someplace where T-Mobile data doesn't work as well, I'd do my best to find some other LTE data source, such as, perhaps, the FP 5GB/mo AT&T LTE annual plan sold at Best Buy, pretty regularly available for 25% off at $119.99/year, or $10/mo, and then, since I now have eSIM capability in my 3a XL, possibly I'd use Airalo for my international travel needs. But I do also have a Three UK SIM card that I have on the non-expiring paygo plan that provides data in the US and Europe at ~$0.013/MB. Fortunately, at least at this time, I have options.

Feedback Score
    According to https://charbycharge.com/how-often-s...-battery-life/, it's best to keep cell phone batteries charged between 20% and 80%, and indicates that plugging it in every time the battery drops 10% (within the 20% to 80% range) is best. The info at the above link also indicates that keeping the charger plugged in after the charge reaches 100% is detrimental, like when charging overnight, due to the trickle charge that keeps the battery at 100% until unplugging.

Both my wife's Pixel 3a and my 3a XL usually have between 65% and 75% charge remaining when we plug them in before going to sleep, we keep them plugged in until morning, and we only charge them overnight.

Stopping charging at 80% is not something I really want to do, and plugging the phone in every time the charge drops 10% is not practicle, and would be impossible for my wife.

But does anyone have an opinion about how detrimental it is to plug the phones in at bedtime and keeping them plugged in for 8-ish hours at a time? Would setting up a timer to start charging the phones around an hour or so before we typically wake up to minimize the amount of time the phones remain plugged in after reaching 100% charge be worth the effort?

Feedback Score
    I always charge my cheap $40 Moto E4 at bedtime and let it run up to 100%. I know its bad to leave it in the charger for long periods of time after it's reached 100%. So I unplug it whenever I wake up in the middle of the night.

If you have an expensive flagship phone, I would not charge it beyond 80% unless you have a long trip away from a charger. In that case I would charge it to 100%.

My Moto E4 battery is still holding up well despite being charged to 100 percent every night for almost 2.5 years.

Sent from my SM-F700U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I am using the app called Accubattery. It can warn you to unplug your phone when it gets to a certain percentage.

That being said, phone batteries are not designed to last forever. Phones have a useful life span of 2-3 years due to planned obselesence.

My umidigi with its massive 5150 mah battery is only getting slightly under 2 days of combined usage, it used to get 2 plus. Granted, this is with repeat charging and heavy usage. Battery has probably degraded some.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munkala View Post
    I always charge my cheap $40 Moto E4 at bedtime and let it run up to 100%. I know its bad to leave it in the charger for long periods of time after it's reached 100%. So I unplug it whenever I wake up in the middle of the night.

If you have an expensive flagship phone, I would not charge it beyond 80% unless you have a long trip away from a charger. In that case I would charge it to 100%.

My Moto E4 battery is still holding up well despite being charged to 100 percent every night for almost 2.5 years.
    I charged my E4 all night long and also charged it off and on throughout the day.

My wife charged her Moto G 4 Play only at bedtime and all night long for over 3 years, and never did complain about reduced battery life per charge, although I know there must have been some, apparently just not enough to complain about.

But as you know, both of those Moto phones have user swappable batteries, so a battery going bad from charging habits would be much easier to fix compared to phones without user swappable batteries.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5