Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: International Data - when it starts?

Feedback Score

International Data - when it starts?

I will be in western Asia for a couple of weeks, starting Friday.

Last night I bought the $50 international data pass (!5GB) and I let it start last night...

My question is, did the international data use start last night, counting local data?

Or does it really only start (and count) data that is used during actual international roaming?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I just asked this question on T-Mobile's support forum and got this answer: If you start the pass at once, it begins immediately. If you set the pass to start on a given date, it will start at midnight (00:01) Pacific Time (e.g. Bellevue, WA) on that date and end at midnight (23:59) Pacific Time X days later. It is not based on local time.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Thanks. So my domestic data I use counts against my international data pass until I go international?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I can't answer that question. I'm planning an trip to Greece and just wanted to know when the data pass would start in Greece if I set it to begin next Tuesday. Effectively, the answer was 10:00 AM EET. (Eastern European Time)

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    From a time perspective, it sounds like Don has an authoritative answer WRT the start times.

From a billing perspective, my experience with the 5GB pass this past summer only accumulated the international usage into the data bucket of the pass. So, I think you're OK with domestic usage not burning into your 15GB allotment.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I’ve been in Europe for the last two weeks. I added the 50$ 15gb plan and has worked perfectly. Also being able to make calls and receive them at no extra cost has also been a plus ..

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if data use from a paid roaming plan like this will trigger the loss of a KickBack credit by exceeding 2Gb in a billing period? I'd hate to lose $10 in addition to paying for the data plan also.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Here's the thread on T-Mobile's support forum where International Passes were recently discussed. You might want to start a new thread there because the staff does not necessarily look at threads that are marked "resolved".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    Does anyone know if data use from a paid roaming plan like this will trigger the loss of a KickBack credit by exceeding 2Gb in a billing period? I'd hate to lose $10 in addition to paying for the data plan also.
    I contacted T-Force yesterday and they confirmed that the data from a Data Pass appears on my line for the month. Thus, I will lose my Kickback $10 if I exceed the 2Gb limit for the billing period. Seems like my options are: Pay the extra $10 + the Data Pass charges, buy a foreign sim, or add daily Data Passes to the two spare voice lines on my account and put them in my Pro Max as a second line. The foreign sim is looking like the best option. Maybe someone knows of an Amazon sim I can trust that's not too pricey? I prefer to have my data set up before departing if at all possible.

Device(s)
    Samung S9 Plus Factory unlocked OnePlus 6T Galaxy tab A GSM
    Carrier(s)
    TMOBILE USA ,ORANGE SPAIN
    Feedback Score
    NO its is entirely a separate entity your data at home is not touched this is from experience aftr buying two 30 day passes since the program started.. i also have kickback

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I contacted T-Force yesterday and they confirmed that the data from a Data Pass appears on my line for the month. Thus, I will lose my Kickback $10 if I exceed the 2Gb limit for the billing period. Seems like my options are: Pay the extra $10 + the Data Pass charges, buy a foreign sim, or add daily Data Passes to the two spare voice lines on my account and put them in my Pro Max as a second line. The foreign sim is looking like the best option. Maybe someone knows of an Amazon sim I can trust that's not too pricey? I prefer to have my data set up before departing if at all possible.

They are wrong this is from experience still received my kickback if you did not buy a pass and went with the complimentary data that is included when roaming and you went over the 2G then you would not receive the kickback they probably got to the things confused'

Feedback Score
    That's good to hear. I realize it's only $10, but the data pass itself is borderline pricy without also losing the extra $10. Data Pass is a pretty good deal if you intend to use a lot of the free calling feature, but my trips are strictly pleasure and I usually only call cabs or hotels for a few minutes at a time, so no real savings there for me. Most of my calls end up being to the US and I make those over WiFi typically.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    That's good to hear. I realize it's only $10, but the data pass itself is borderline pricy without also losing the extra $10. Data Pass is a pretty good deal if you intend to use a lot of the free calling feature, but my trips are strictly pleasure and I usually only call cabs or hotels for a few minutes at a time, so no real savings there for me. Most of my calls end up being to the US and I make those over WiFi typically.

pricey i think its a good deal compared to my previous carrier ATT they charged 10.00 a day plus tax that averaged to 14.00 a day X 30 days 420.00 that was one of the reasons i switched over to T Mobile since i am constantly traveling to Europe with t mobile my last pass was for 30 days 50.00 plus 3.00 in taxes not bad at all i also believe Verizon is in the same boat as ATT The roaming speeds in Europe are far superior to what we experience in the states good luck and have a safe trip

Feedback Score
    I agree about AT&T being outrageously high. When I was with them I once paid $120 for 800Mb of roaming data. I'm testing a new service as we speak that looks really promising if they have good coverage. I've posted some info in the thread about Italy that is current if you are interested. I will keep updating as I learn more about their offerings.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I agree about AT&T being outrageously high. When I was with them I once paid $120 for 800Mb of roaming data. I'm testing a new service as we speak that looks really promising if they have good coverage. I've posted some info in the thread about Italy that is current if you are interested. I will keep updating as I learn more about their offerings.
    \

I was trying to post some additional info for you last night but Howard Forums went down. If you decide to roam with t Mobil with out a pass please make sure you forward all your incoming calls to a USA # the reason being is that t mobile will charge you 25 c a minute for each incoming call regardless if you answer it or it goes to voicemail. specially today with the constant bombardment of the illegal telemarketer... 25 c a minute can add up pretty quickly specially if they leave a lengthily voicemail. also in my experience you can try the major prepaid carriers in Italy when you arrive and just make all your calls thru data (third party apps) you will have more than enough data a 30 day prepaid runs around 20 euros for 30 days. If you purchase a sim in Europe you will need your passport in order to purchase. make sure your phone is unlocked and supports the European GSM LTE frequencies

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast